Bright Occasions

Silver Spring, MD · View map

About Bright Occasions

A professional wedding planner in Silver Spring, Maryland, Bright Occasions utilizes creative ideas and beautiful details to design weddings based on you and your significant other's vision. Full-service in nature, the company's professionalism and client-centered approach has been enticing couples since its opening in 2011. From conception to execution, Bright Occasions happily works with each couple to produce a seamless celebration!

Experience
Owner and event planner Margo Fischer initially began her career working for a boutique caterer in Georgetown in 2009. The excitement of the behind-the-scenes action and relationship building with clients led her to opening Bright Occasions in 2011. Boasting a love of good food, music and beautiful atmospheres, Margo draws upon her experiences in vendor relations, catering sales and event management to bring her bright ideas to your special event.

Bright Occasions provides couples with an array of wedding planning services to streamline their celebration. Said services include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Consultation
  • Referrals
  • Timelines
  • To-do lists

Areas Covered
Bright Occasions provides wedding planning services to newly engaged couples in and around Silver Spring. Said services are also extended to those located in Baltimore, Annapolis and the D.C. metro area.

64 Reviews for Bright Occasions

64 Bright Occasions Reviews

C
Courtney Nolan

Married on 08/03/2019

The greatest planner in the DC area

I’ve worked alongside Margo for almost five years and when I got engaged, I couldn’t picture working with anyone else to plan my wedding. Margo was professional at every turn, was responsive to emails ... Read more and texts, and helped us bring our vision to life. So many of our guests commented on her positive demeanor during the wedding; she was informative without being pushy (as I’ve seen far too often at other weddings I’ve attended). She was incredibly understanding of our cost constraints, as my fiancé and I were paying for the majority of the wedding ourselves. She had great ideas, solved problems quickly, and made my wedding day experience perfect. I am so lucky to have had Margo and her team with me throughout the day.

Amy
Amy Fowler

Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing Experience

We can’t say enough about how wonderful Margo was throughout the entire process of planning our wedding. We worked with her for partial planning for nearly a year and a half leading up to our wedding. ... Read more Margo initially came recommended to us after we had asked our venue what wedding planners they preferred to work with and Bright Occasions was at the top of their list. It was essential to us that we had a planner as we work overseas in Taiwan and would only be able to make two trips back to the DC area prior to our wedding. Hiring Margo was the best decision we made when planning our wedding as she was always prompt in replying to our messages and was willing to skype/meet within our schedules (a twelve-hour time difference!). She also made sure that we stayed on track and helped with any etiquette questions we had as our situation was a bit different. Margo recommended some wonderful vendors that helped pull off our vision and made everything so seamless on our wedding day. We had several vendors comment to us that they really enjoyed working with Margo and were glad that we had chosen her as our planner. On the day of the wedding, everything was perfect and stress-free. She really exceeded our expectations as everything was so beautiful and well thought out in terms of timelines and set-up. Following our wedding, we had so many people comment on how wonderful everything was and that it was the best wedding that they have attended in years. We credit that to Margo who truly helped to make our vision a reality.

A
Amy

Married on 06/08/2019

Margo is Amazing!

I can't even state how much I recommend Margo. She was so great throughout the year that we worked with her as our planner. Margo went above and beyond by recommending numerous vendors, solving ... Read more problems that came up, and being very responsive. I live in New York and got married in Maryland. I also was starting a new job at the time when I got engaged. There is no way I would have been able to plan this on my own. From recommending the best vendors, to meeting with my mom and vendors when I was unavailable, to frequent phone calls, she was truly the best and easiest to work with. We also had a lot of issues with our venue and Margo made sure I was not stressed out and took care of any issue that came up. We loved her so much we are having her back to plan my sisters upcoming wedding !