Broad River Photography

Shelby, NC · View map

About Broad River Photography

Hi, my name is Ashley and I'm a small-town North Carolina photographer, farmer, and equestrian with big dreams. I run my business from my Shelby home, where I live with my handsome husband, two basset hounds, and one majestic porch lion. I am a full-time spaghetti enthusiast and have become a collector of designer chickens. I'm a lover of laughter, nature, exquisite lighting, and all things yellow. I discovered my passion for creativity and working with people when I was in college, which inspired me to launch Broad River Photography in 2007. I strive to make every session and event unique, unforgettable, timeless, and fun! I can't wait to create memories with you!!

36 Reviews for Broad River Photography

36 Broad River Photography Reviews

Katlyn
Katlyn Hemmelgarn

Getting married on 08/04/2020

Priceless experience!

There are so many reasons why Ashley was the perfect photographer for our wedding day. When we first spoke she was very thorough when wanting to know my vision and expectations for my wedding. She ... Read more helped me customize my wedding package by offering great advice and helping me to see the benefits of having beautiful pictures to remember forever. At first I didn't see a need for engagement pictures because our engagement was very short. But I am so glad she talked me into it because it was one of our most memorable experiences as a couple in the wedding planning process. It also gave us an opportunity to work with Ashley and get to know her. This brings me to the next thing we loved about her...she has a way of bringing so much joy to your photo session. She has a way of connecting with her customers and making you feel so comfortable in front of a camera (which I have always had a problem with). You will see genuine and authentic smiles in your photographs because of the atmosphere that Ashley creates. On our wedding day, it was like I had one of my best friends with me. She kept us on schedule without ever making me feel rushed. She captured ALL of the special moments and then some! We all had FUN with her and to top it off my pictures were better than I could have imagined. Her style is light and airy and whether you want a color photo or a black and white, your picture will be full of emotion and happy memories! Ashley, the moments you capture are priceless and the pictures you have given us will make our special day last forever. Your pictures are absolutely beautiful and your work is professional but so personable at the same time! Thank you for everything! Matthew and I look forward to working with you again soon!

K
Kelsey S.

Getting married on 08/03/2019

Sunshine on a Cloudy Day

Took engagements with Ashley and it was the most fun my fiancé and I have ever had! Even though it was misty/ threatening to rain, Ashley was so positive, relaxed, and upbeat. She really got to know ... Read more us and did her homework on which locations would best suit our vision. We also felt comfortable in front of the camera which speaks VOLUMES about the one behind it! Obviously we had never done a posed shoot before, but she helped us feel relaxed and captured us naturally interacting with each other.

C
Chelsea Chafin

Married on 06/13/2019

Amazing!

Ashley was absolutely phenomenal. She went above and beyond to make sure she had the photographs she knew would mean the most to me and didn't miss a single guest! She also went out of her way to keep ... Read more me calm from all the nerves and action going on around me. Then receiving the photos in a beautiful package was icing on top of the cake! We received the pictures in both color and black and white which made some of the shots with my husband actually make me cry! 20/10 for Ashley; I want to have a second wedding just to have her again!! (Vow renewals, anyone?)