Brookside Gardens

Silver Spring, MD · View map · Visit website

About Brookside Gardens

Brookside Gardens, a Botanical Garden in the greater Washington, D.C. area, welcomes couples celebrating an outdoorsy wedding. This venue can be modern or rustic, or a combination of the two, depending on how couples want to use the space. The garden offers an indoor ballroom, a tented area, patios, and plenty of natural green space for couples to use on their big day. The venue can be found in Silver Spring, Maryland, just 35 minutes from downtown Washington, D.C.

Facilities and Capacity
As many as 130 guests can join couples for their wedding day in this romantic garden. The venue has numerous indoor and outdoor options for a couple’s big day. Inside, the Auditorium and two classrooms offer covered space and abundant garden views. The Auditorium’s 75-foot glass windows allow for a panoramic view of the surrounding Azaleas and Aquatic Garden. Outside, there are covered and uncovered venue spaces. The Aquatic Overlook is a patio space with a delicate-looking but sturdy white railing. This is the location where couples may set up a tent for their wedding event. The Wedding Gazebo and surrounding Fragrance Garden is an aromatic and appealing location for a couple’s ceremony, where guests can sit surrounded by flowers of a delightful perfume. The Japanese Tea House on Gude Island is a covered wooden site, perfect for an open-air reception overlooking the water. Other spaces include the South Terrace, Gude Garden Lawn, Yew Garden, Gingko Canopy, and Anderson Island Pavilion.

Couples can use this colorful venue for any wedding event, including bridal showers, ceremonies, elopements, engagement parties, receptions, and rehearsal dinners. They may even book their engagement photos among the flowers. Brookside Gardens can provide audio equipment, chairs, and tables for the wedding.

History
This 50-acre property was founded in 1969 and named for the location’s many winding brooks and streams. In addition to the outdoor plants, the venue has two conservatories where they raise more delicate and tropical plants. This gives the gardens a total of over 20,000 plants, the perfect escape for a couple’s wedding day.

33 Reviews for Brookside Gardens

33 Brookside Gardens Reviews

C
Featured
Christina

Married on 08/05/2017

This was such a beautiful location! We had the perfect day to have a wedding outside. It was so beautiful with all the flowers and the greenery! The guests really enjoyed the ceremony location! It was ... Read more wonderful to have the ceremony and reception in one location. The reception was big and full of windows that was nice to see!! :) everything turned out really well. I think the only issues I had came down to the fact that they didn't post signs directing people like they said they would, they almost didn't want to golf cart me (the bride) down to the ceremony like they had said they would because "the cart is dirty", and although there were signs stating the areas were closed for an event and we were told they would keep people away, there were random people all over. They didn't interfere but it was a bit odd. But my guests had a great time, I had a great time, and I'm happy!

C
Charles Kong

Married on 08/10/2019

Perfect venue

Jennifer was our primary point of contact, and she went above and beyond to ensure our wedding day went smoothly! She was super responsive to all our questions, and met with us a couple of times ... Read more before the wedding so we knew what to expect. She also sent us sample floor plans and other vendors to work with! We were also able to set up a day prior to the wedding since no event was planned - this was super useful as we we were so busy the day of! She also let us keep the dance floor a day late so we wouldn't get charged for weekend delivery and pickup! Brookside itself is a beautiful garden, both indoors and outdoors and everything went great! Highly recommend!

Ingrid
Ingrid

Married on 10/06/2018

The Affordable Garden Wedding

I got my rose garden wedding without breaking the bank! Brookside Gardens was one of the only affordable places within reasonable driving distance of DC that matched my vision of an elegant, outdoor ... Read more all-in-one wedding and reception venue. The staff know how to run a wedding like clockwork - I think that's their main business, and they're very good at it. Planning and coordinating everything was a breeze with the help of their wedding guru Jennifer. On the day of everything magically came together with the help of Brookside's team. When I was left alone by the busy wedding party and family, nervously sitting by myself outside the hedges surrounding the aisle, the team members checked on me and gave me a thumbs up, which I remember and appreciate so, so much! The gardens are exquisite and the perfect background for photos. Our reception in the auditorium was lovely as well - all it took was a little uplighting and a dance floor to turn it into party central. Best of all - I can come back and visit any time I want to relive my wedding day. We love Brookside gardens, and we'll definitely be back next year to catch the blooms!