Brown Mountain Beach Resort

Lenoir, NC · View map · Visit website

About Brown Mountain Beach Resort

Brown Mountain Beach Resort, the wedding destination that not only offers an unforgettable setting for your wedding experience, but also offers an entire resort for your wedding weekend. Bordering the Pisgah National Forest, BMBR is nestled next to Wilson’s Creek, a North Carolina Wild and Scenic River providing a picturesque setting for your big day!

Along with the raw beauty of the Carolina foothills, BMBR also serves as the perfect destination for the weekend for you and your guests. Stay with us Friday through Sunday in our seven cottages (sleeps 26) and riverfront yurts (sleeps 12-24) and enjoy all the activities of Wilson’s Creek Gorge, which includes swimming, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking and more! Your wedding day is no doubt one of the most important days of your life, let BMBR make it memorable for you!

20 Reviews for Brown Mountain Beach Resort

20 Brown Mountain Beach Resort Reviews

Kimberly
Featured
Kimberly Cavazos

Married on 11/17/2018

Wow...Just WOW!!!!

My husband and I were married at Brown Mountain Beach Resort on November 17th. The only thing I regret is that it has taken me a month to let you all know how absolutely AMAZING the venue and the ... Read more staff are at BMBR. Actually, absolutely amazing is quite an understatement. Kelsey, Jeremy, Ron, and Wendy (and the whole crew of course) made our day beyond perfect! We could not have asked for anything more- they met and exceeded our expectations for what we had envisioned for our day. Our whole family was able to come and stay onsite with us and we were able to just enjoy their company and spend time together because Kelsey and her crew handled everything for us! They wanted us to just relax and enjoy the scenery- and because of them, we were able to. And what a breath taking scenery it is! The entire setup was beautiful and the food was exceptional! We had our rehearsal in the speakeasy, our wedding ceremony on the deck, and the reception in the Rock Pavilion. The creek and the view in the background were breathtaking. We had originally planned to have our wedding on the beach but Mother Nature had other plans and put most of the beach under water…Kelsey and Jeremy didn’t even stress about it- they changed the plan and set everything up on the deck and it was beyond perfect and gorgeous!!! BMBR handled almost everything for us- the food, all the flowers, the decorations and setup, the bartenders, the catering staff, the cleanup… if you can name it, they probably did it for us…and if there was something they did not do, they had a list of available vendors who were exceptional as well! We used DJ Julius Hoke (fantastic DJ!) and My Mobile Bakery for the cupcakes, cake, and grooms cake (also amazing!). Both of these vendors were recommended by Kelsey and they exceeded our expectations as well. I may be a little biased but I have been to a ton of weddings and I have never been as wowed and impressed as I was by the beauty of this venue and the entire wedding weekend. I have had many people go on and on about how incredible this was and that it was truly the most amazing wedding they have ever attended. I couldn’t agree more with those people. All the details (big and small) and all the thoughtfulness they put into our day will never be forgotten and will always be cherished. From the donut and coffee bar, the fires, the smores, the décor, the flowers, the heavenly Pasta bar for the reception, (Wendy cooked all of it and the alfredo sauce put most of the Italian restaurants to shame), the appetizers, just everything!! If you have an opportunity to book your wedding at BMBR, you would be crazy not to. If you are unable to book your wedding there, I highly encourage you to just visit…take your family…. And enjoy a vacation! This will most definitely be a place we visit throughout the years with each other and with our children. Thank you again Kelsey, Jeremy, Ron, Wendy, and the entire crew- you are appreciated more than you know!!!!

L
Lyndsey

Getting married on 04/07/2020

Brown Mountain Beach

Quick responses. Professional and very helpful Read more Quick responses. Professional and very helpful

Eloise
Eloise Collier

Married on 06/08/2019

A magical place for a weekend wedding

We just got married at BMBR and the whole experience was amazing, we feel so lucky to have chosen this venue! The setting is stunning and peaceful, and the perfect place to relax with your guests. We ... Read more hired Kelsey to help us with the planning and coordination, which I highly recommend! She made the planning process easy and organized, and she and her staff are talented and creative with the styling and decor. They were also very flexible when a major storm came through, moving everything inside and making it so beautiful you would never know it wasn’t what we originally planned. Our whole weekend was magical, we really got to focus on each other and our guests and not worry about the details.