Bumbleroot Organic Farm

Windham, Maine · View map · Visit website

About Bumbleroot Organic Farm

Bumbleroot Organic Farm is a flower farm and event venue located in Windham, Maine. They serve the Greater Portland area, Southern Maine, and the Lakes Region. This 89-acre farm grows over 100 varieties of organic flowers, and offers full floral design services as well as DIY flower buckets. Their natural style focuses on the changing seasons and what is fresh in their flower fields. Using regenerative farming practices and providing care and attention to each event they service, you can trust Bumbleroot Organic Farm to produce and design the most beautiful, vibrant, and chemical-free florals for your upcoming special occasion.

Bumbleroot Organic Farm offers full-scale floral design services, fresh-cut flowers offered through DIY flower buckets, and various a la carte options. For instance, if you'd prefer to take care of your table arrangements, Bumbleroot can take care of bouquets and boutonnieres and provide DIY buckets for the rest.

They create floral arrangements to fit your style and will work closely with you to bring your floral vision to life. You can coordinate with Bumbleroot Organic Farm for consultations and venue visits to ensure that all the details are perfectly in place for your event. The list of Bumbleroot's floral services and arrangements includes, but is not limited to, the following:

• DIY/bulk flower buckets

3 Bumbleroot Organic Farm Reviews

E
Erin Frewald

Married on 09/29/2018

I love everything about Bumbleroot!

My husband and I were lucky enough to have Bumbleroot flowers for our wedding! I was an indecisive bride and had no idea of what I wanted. Melissa was incredibly patient and knowledgeable as she ... Read more guided me through the process. We worked together to select colors, styles, flowers types, and arrangement sizes. Melissa also put together my bouquet which was stunning. The flowers were absolutely beautiful and beyond what I could have asked for. I had so many compliments and because I love them so much I will definitely be signing up for the flower CSA this spring!

L
Lydia R

Married on 09/02/2018

Fantastic Experience

The DIY buckets we got from Bumbleroot Farm were beautiful and easy to use. They also made me my flower crown and a beautiful bouquet - couldn't have been happier! Read more The DIY buckets we got from Bumbleroot Farm were beautiful and easy to use. They also made me my flower crown and a beautiful bouquet - couldn't have been happier!

Liz
Liz

Married on 07/29/2017

Exceptional Experience!

When my partner and I started digging into planning and looking for a place to hold our big day, they all felt a bit impersonal. Enter Bumbleroot! Finding a reasonably priced working farm owned by two ... Read more lovely couples who recently celebrated their own weddings made things feel much more personal. Things we loved (and we loved a lot of things): The People: Melissa, Ben, Abby, and Jeff were absolutely wonderful to work with. They were super responsive, thoughtful and honest, and willing to get creative. Their understanding of the wedding/hospitality industry and the area also came in handy. I was impressed with how seamlessly and professionally they handled everything despite it being their busiest time of year on the farm! The Product: We really liked that Bumbleroot has a simple infrastructure -- this allowed us to spend money on things that were important to us (like good beer and fancy restrooms!), and limit the spend on things that weren't (like expensive tables and extra furniture). We also so appreciated that were were able to celebrate on a working farm -- this made the day feel less like a "wedding machine" experience and more like a backyard family affair. Our guests LOVED that they had a true farm to table experience (our caterers were able to source their veggies from the farm). Beyond this, Melissa and her team did a beautiful job with our flowers. With her thoughtfulness, creativity, and natural sense of style, I knew I was in good hands. We loved what they did and that so many local flowers were showcased. The Place: Bumbleroot is a lovely old farm in a perfect location. Guests were able to get their city/water fix with a stay in Portland, and after a quick twenty minute bus ride were in the bucolic rolling hills of Windham. While we had busses, it was so nice that the farm was close enough for cabs/ubers. The property also has plenty of great space for photo opps and al fresco cocktails. I must admit that I was intimidated by the "wedding machine" aspect of getting married (and I realize the irony of writing on this site!). However, having our big day take place at Bumbleroot allowed us to focus on the things that mattered: starting our life off together with the people we love most.

Bumbleroot Organic Farm FAQ