Butler Photography

Somers, CT · View map

About Butler Photography

My name is David Butler II and I work as a professional photographer here in northern Connecticut. I specialize in documentary wedding photography, portraiture, news and sports photography. My work has appeared in newspapers, magazines and websites around the world including Sports Illustrated Magazine & Web, ESPN The Magazine & Web, The Sporting News, USA Today, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, St. Petersburg Times and others. My work has also appeared on the walls of many wonderful clients who I thank so much for letting me into their world and giving me a front row seat to some of the most important and beautiful moments of their lives. Give me a call or email and I would be happy to talk to you about your special event! :-)

8 Reviews for Butler Photography

8 Butler Photography Reviews

S
Samantha

Married on 07/08/2018

Where to even start, David is simply amazing. He was very professional and traveled over 2 hours to our venue. For everything he did for us I think his pricing is very reasonable and well worth it. We ... Read more even saw him the night before the wedding checking out the area. Not only is he pleasant to work with but the quality of his photos are amazing. Photos are so important but the day is so hectic, my husband was thrilled with how fast David and his assistant worked and managed to capture almost every image we asked for. During our reception he didn't miss a beat. He was literally everywhere but you did not know it. I would recommend David for any wedding and you will not be disappointed.

S
Shannon

Married on 06/04/2016

I highly recommend Butler Photography! My husband and I got married this past June in Westport, CT, not only did David capture our day so perfectly he was great to work with throughout the entire ... Read more wedding planning process. I Couldn't have asked for a better experience from start to finish.

P
P

Married on 05/29/2015

Truly, probably the best vendor we used at our wedding. Absolutely fantastic. We don't have a cross word to say about him. We aren't into "traditional" wedding things - hokey DJ's, bouquet tosses, ... Read more garters, tacky decor, "Mr. and Mrs." things, etc. When we looked for a photographer, we wanted someone who wouldn't take 50 photos of two rings on top of each other, staged "candid" photos, intrusive shots, etc. That was our nightmare. We wanted candid, photo-journalistic style shots. David was perfect. He did our formal photos in maybe 30 minutes - maybe. It might have been less. The one's we've seen so far - incredible. He wasn't intrusive at all - I forgot he was there, but the party photos are incredible. I never saw an "act like you're doing X" shot or anything staged, yet they'll all so fantastic. It really looks like a docu-journalist came to our wedding, as if they were doing a write-up. To us, that is the definition of quality, realistic photos and how you would want to capture the fun everyone had at your wedding. And compared to most of the photographers we looked at, his prices were fantastic. He didn't gauge us, he wasn't pushy at all about buying extra things - very professional and his communication was excellent. Responded on time every time. You should definitely shoot him an email and in our opinion, book him ASAP for any event you need a photographer for.