Cakes by Karen LLC

Spencerport, NY · View map

About Cakes by Karen LLC

My name is Karen Osterling and I have a degree in Graphic Design from The Art Institute of Pittsburgh. I started making cakes as a hobby 7 years ago for fun. As more and more people tasted and saw the cakes the more the orders started flowing in!

I decided to become a licensed baker from home so I could be available to my 2 children and do what I loved to do. And since 2008, Cakes by Karen has become very successful and is still growing, thanks to some very creative customers!

I look forward to every weeks new challenges in designing cakes and the beautiful weddings we get to attend, becoming a memory of the Bride and Groom's most memorable day of their lives.

Thank you to all our customers for the opportunity to make you smile!

19 Reviews for Cakes by Karen LLC

19 Cakes by Karen LLC Reviews

J
Joe

Married on 10/13/2017

When booking our reception with the Radisson Rochester Airport we found out that part of the wedding package was a cake provided by Cakes by Karen. The process was so simple and effortless that it ... Read more seemed too easy. Once my contract was signed with the Radisson I sent an email to Karen and she responded within a couple of hours. Because I was planning a wedding in just about a month I was short on time for tastings, appointment, etc. Karen was extremely accommodating. She let us pick our tasting flavors and had them at the Radisson so that we could do our food tasting and cake tasting on the same night. This was a huge service above and beyond in my eyes and is still greatly appreciated. From the first bite I knew there was nothing to worry about with the cake. AMAZING!! That's all I can say. After the tasting we sent her an email with what flavors we wanted, the approximate number of people, and some photos for inspiration. She came up with a sketch and it was everything we had asked for. The day of came around and when we arrived at the reception to see the room the first thing I noticed was the cake. And it was glorious!! Karen nailed all the little things we had talked about with the design. We received compliments from everyone about the cake and inquiries to who made it. Cakes by Karen was a pleasure to work with!!

J
Jazmin

Married on 09/02/2017

Karen made the most beautiful cake for my wedding on 9/2/17. It was prefect! She helped my fiancé and mutually agree on the design of our cake! I thank her for delivering what we invisioned! We've ... Read more received many compliments since the wedding, about how beautiful and good tasting the cake was.

Jeremy
Jeremy

Married on 05/06/2017

We chose Cakes by Karen and we are glad we did. Our wedding was 05/06/2017 and the cake was amazing! The planning process was easy and thorough. We met and she asked and listened to our ideas and what ... Read more we wanted for the cake. We ended up choosing a photo of a cake design we liked, the photo was kind of small, but she delivered the design beautifully! The taste was amazing, the designs spot on and she was able to coordinate with our floral shop to get the live flowers on the cake perfectly. We actually didn't see the cake until day of, but it was everything we expected and couldn't ask for more. Definitely recommended! Thank you!