Caliber Yacht Charters

Floral Park, NY · View map

About Caliber Yacht Charters

Caliber yacht Charters was established in 1974. We have been serving the community since then with services aboard yachts which include, Catering, Yacht and Boat renting, Djs, Bands, clergy, bridal consultants, lighting specialists, furniture rentals, casino themes, bakeries, etc. We consist of 5 full time employees and about a dozen more part timers. The focus is to customize a yacht with the bride and groom desires. We have an in house Wedding coordinator.

The yachts tour the East River, Hudson River and the Statue of Liberty. They pass by the south Street Seaport, the UN and Battery Park City. The lights of Manhattan are beautiful and it is captured by the private yachts touring the rivers. We have departures from the East River at skyport Marina, Chelsea Piers at 23 St, 42 Street and 12 Ave, Queens, Brooklyn, New Jersey, Port Washington, and Westcheser.

Our office is open 7 days a week and there is always someone manning the phones. We offer custom events aboard the yachts, with custom food, choice of times, choice of yacht. Most of the yachts have private chefs aboard who are preparing the food as the party is taking place. Each menu is customized. Some of the yachts will allow outside catering companies to do the food service. The office is open 7 days a week and we take appointments on the weekends and evenings also. We have referrals of florists, makeup artists, decor etc. Our backdrop is the Skyline of New York city. Its very dramatic and romantic, perfect for any wedding.

4 Reviews for Caliber Yacht Charters

4 Caliber Yacht Charters Reviews

R
Robin

Married on 04/22/2011

This boat is fantastic. The business is professionally, yet personally run. They are prompt, reasonable and easy to work with. Read more This boat is fantastic. The business is professionally, yet personally run. They are prompt, reasonable and easy to work with.

R
Rafael

Married on 08/31/2014

I must say, Cloud Nine IV Yacht was a unique experience. I loved the boat, people loved the views of New York and Jersey City skylines, the food was too good! Delicious! Vicky and her team were ... Read more amazing! I wish there was better communication along the planning stage (about what to expect prior and during the event, and that the event was longer than 4 hours, also, it was very warm in there; nevertheless, it was a great memory we'll always have and enjoyed to the max. Thank you all! :) Rafael and Elvis.

M
Mariannekolo

Married on 10/22/2011

3.9

This is going to be a mixed review since the coordinator, ceremony, catering and venue were all part of what was offered. We got married on the Cloud 9 IV yacht which was really exceptional. Everyone ... Read more had a fantastic time, just the fact that we were out on the East and Hudson Rivers enjoying the NY views. The servers and maitre d were great. The person who helped coordinate works with you from the day you look at the yacht as a possible venue all the way through the event itself. They were extremely nice but the responsiveness wasn't great and I found I had to constantly follow up on inquiries which made me a bit nervous. I do have to say that about 10 days prior to the event this did get better. The cocktail hour was excellent. We did a sit down dinner instead of a buffet. The food was of very good quality but we did get feedback form at least 50% of our guests (about a week after the event) and they said their food was cold. If we would have found out about this during the event we would have let the maitre d know and I am confident he would have taken care of the problem. Why none of our guests sent the food back I am not sure. Maybe they were just being polite. They do all of the cooking aboard and this is one of the many reasons we chose this venue, so I am surprised about the temperature of the meals. There were also 3 tables that got their main meals much later than everyone else. I would recommend this venue, just make note of the comments above. If you are a high maintenance person, this or any yacht is not for you. This is for a couple looking for a fun, casual and somewhat easy to plan wedding with yet a bit of elegance at the same time. The captain also performed the ceremony for us aboard the yacht prior to departure which was a nice touch!