California Yacht Club

Marina del Rey, CA · View map · Visit website

About California Yacht Club

California Yacht Club is a full service venue in Marina del Rey, California, surrounded by one of the largest man-made marinas in the world. The nautical feel of the venue is perfect for water-lovers, and the attentive staff specializes in waterfront weddings, making your wedding day dreams come true. Just ten minutes away from LAX airport, getting there is a breeze for out of town guests.

Facilities and Capabilities

Hosting anywhere from 75-300 guests, each event space at California Yacht Club provides fabulous panoramic marina views, and there are covered and uncovered indoor and outdoor spaces available to book. Ceremonies are located on the waterfront lawn that subtly replicates the bow of a ship, and cocktail receptions are held on either of the patios overlooking the marina. The available patio spaces include the elegant and romantic Fireside/Epicurean room, with a capacity of up to 180 guests, and the Marina Patio View, a ballroom in a tent under the stars that can host up to 280 guests. Parking with valet service is an option at the facility, and all areas are wheelchair accessible.

California Yacht Club provides everything you need for a complete event. The catering department staff is there to help you every step of the way to create a one-of-a-kind memorable experience for you and your guests. The following services are available to you at this venue:

• Bar and catering packages
  • Clean up
  • Lighting/sound
  • Parking

Cuisine

Food and beverage service is provided by California Yacht Club Catering Department, and the staff is willing to work with you to provide your preferred catering service and style of cuisine. You have the option to create a custom menu for your guests, and choose from several different cuisine styles, as well as from hors d’ouvres, plated dinners, buffets and more.

14 Reviews for California Yacht Club

14 California Yacht Club Reviews

E
Featured
ev

Married on 03/03/2007

We loved this venue. They were SO easy to work with, responsive and professional. The food was great and they were very flexible about working with us to create exactly the menu we wanted. They took ... Read more took care of all setting up and we literally just had to show up. I would do any wedding here again in a heartbeat.

P
Patricia

Married on 05/13/2017

We can't say enough about how wonderful it was to have our wedding at the California Yacht Club. Tiffani and Chelsea really helped us create a beautiful event. They worked with our budget and made ... Read more suggestions about everything from vendors (we used so many of them!) to style. They let us lead the discussions, but Tiffani was so great at giving us alternatives and keeping us calm. They were also both on hand as our coordinators on the big day, which made things like deliveries, set up and the actual ceremony so much easier. The chef even made special meals to accommodate our handful of vegan guests (and he gave us an excellent recommendation for a place to visit on our honeymoon). The whole team made what could have been a very stressful event, a fun one. Andy and I have nothing but raves for the whole team. And if anyone needs a venue for any type of event, we will be sure to recommend the California Yacht Club.

H
Hannah

Married on 03/25/2017

I am so happy with the California Yacht Club as our wedding venue (4/21/2018). They worked with me on every request I made, and our wedding had a few unique quirks. They were professional, responsive ... Read more and caring. They had great food (which I think is rare for weddings), and accommodated all our food requests. I initially worked with Tiffani who was clearly talented and organized, and she actually left the company 2 weeks before my wedding. I worked with Quin after Tiffani left, and she and I were in close contact as the wedding date approached. She made sure that all my final details were in place. I couldn't be happier! The backdrop of the yachts against our ceremony did NOT disappoint, and the photos that I have so far are stunning. Inside, there are large windows which showcased not only the yachts, but a beautiful pink sunset. Our friends and family all raved about it. The day itself went quite smoothly, and we worked with Andi for the day of. The staff are so friendly. I have no bad experiences from the big day. I have zero complaints actually, and am so happy with my choice to work with CYC for one of the most important events of my life! :) Thank you thank you thank you!