Camellia Gardens

Monroe, NC · View map · Visit website

About Camellia Gardens

Camellia Gardens is an elegant wedding venue located near Waxhaw in Monroe, North Carolina. This picturesque garden setting boasts beautiful lawns, lakes and landscaping. They promise that rain will not spoil your wedding day, and that their professional staff will ensure your vision comes to life. Camellia Gardens offers both indoor and outdoor options for your ceremony and reception.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can accommodate up to 200 guests at this garden venue. They offer multiple settings for your wedding, which include:

• The Grand Oak - perfect for your ceremony or cocktail hour. You can exchange your vows with their lake as your backdrop, or your guests can sip cocktails under the shade of their century-old willow oak.
  • The Pergola Lawn - a landscaped area ideal for your vows.
  • The Terrace - an outdoor reception area featuring roses, evergreen shrubs and trees. It boasts beautiful white pillars, a copper-topped cupola and hanging market lights. If you need additional seating, your guests can spill out onto their lawn.
  • The Arbor - an intimate setting with walls of tea olive shrubs and rose bushes. Their roof will ensure you stay dry in the case of rain.
  • The Barn - a renovated space that now serves as their reception hall. It features chandeliers, a caterer’s kitchen, bathrooms, a groom’s lounge and a covered patio.
  • The Lake - provides an amazing backdrop for your ceremony.

This award-winning venue offers a recommended vendor list to ensure your special day is a success. They'll provide lighting and sound for your event, as well as parking for your guests. Additional services include:

• Setup
  • Tables
  • Chairs
  • Liability insurance
  • Pet-friendly

Other Services
In addition to hosting lavish weddings, Camellia Gardens is also happy to host intimate elopements. Additional events they will hold include:

• Engagement party
  • Bridal shower
  • Rehearsal dinner

History
Camellia Gardens was purchased in 1987, and their first renovation to their working farm was to build a lake that was to be their focal point. The owners then went on to build swings for the oak trees, a barn and pastures for their horses and thousands of beautiful plants. Since they had already hosted weddings, events and parties on their property throughout the years, they decided to share their Gardens, Barn, Arbor and Terrace with others.

44 Reviews for Camellia Gardens

44 Camellia Gardens Reviews

A
Featured
Angelia

Married on 08/19/2017

First of all, Camellia Gardens was perfect in every aspect. From the helpfulness and the incredible attention-to-detail of the amazing Marilyn to the breathtaking views to all the endless ... Read more possibilities this venue has. I booked this venue in August 2016 (shortly after they opened as a wedding venue) for my August 19th, 2017 wedding. From the beginning Marilyn was very responsive, kind, and reassuring. She was very accommodating and truly helped my vision come to life. She went above and FAR beyond all expectations and I would say she became a good friend as well! My day was the definition of perfect and I couldn't have pictured it being anywhere else! I viewed 14 venues, and this one absolutely took the cake! I recommend this venue 120%!! Loved the people and the place! Cannot wait to share my professional photos to this page once they come back!

Sharon
Sharon L Seago

Getting married on 08/25/2019

Engagement Party

My son's engagement party was held at Camellia Gardens in the barn March 2019. It is a beautiful venue and Marilyn is so helpful! Read more My son's engagement party was held at Camellia Gardens in the barn March 2019. It is a beautiful venue and Marilyn is so helpful!

Melissa
Melissa

Married on 06/01/2019

The Most Magical Wedding Venue

Brides, listen up! If you've dreamed of a magical outdoor wedding nestled within a gorgeous garden property, look no further. Camellia Gardens could not have been a more perfect choice for my husband ... Read more husband and I to host our wedding. After considering 89 other local venues (yes, that's right!), I convinced my to-be-husband to come look at Camellia Gardens with me despite our 'perfect date' already being booked. We both knew the moment we arrived to the property that we would get married there - no matter the date. Why, you ask? Well the property is privately nestled back from the road and other distractions. You're immediately greeted by a tranquil, garden-style backdrop to host your exclusive event for just the two of you and your closest friends and family... as if the property was gifted to you for the day. The site choices for your various events are endless, and nearly impossible to choose from, as they all offer their own unique touch and beauty. My husband and I chose to host our rehearsal dinner at the air conditioned barn, wedding ceremony under the grand oak tree, cocktail hour within the "secret garden" as I have lovingly referred to it, yard games set up on the lawn, dinner shaded from the sun under the brand new white tent (adorned with gorgeous chandeliers!), and continued our dance party celebration on the open-air terrace beneath the market lights. And if you can believe it, there are yet more locations on the property to choose from. We also loved that it allowed the groomsmen and bridal party to spend the wedding morning onsite getting ready in the bridal cottage and groom's lounge. One thing that potential brides should know is that Camellia Gardens provides a beautiful backdrop that you can make into your own vision, no two weddings will look alike. Start dreaming up your day, it's so much fun! While the property provides the beauty for your big day, it's Marilyn who provides the support and sincerity throughout your entire wedding planning journey. She responded to every email, call, and text with grace and joy. She always had an answer, or would go seek one on my behalf... sometimes with a ruler in tow. She offered ideas, advice, and opinions when we needed it and a constant professional demeanor from our first site visit (and my second-sixth visits) through to the very end of our wedding day. She was there cheering me on during my bridal portrait sessions and gave us newlyweds a cheer from afar as we recessed back down the aisle. I know she went above and beyond for us that day and we are so appreciative. Marilyn was a huge part of our wedding story! (Thank you Marilyn!) My only regret is that our perfect day has come to an end and I can't seem to convince my husband to let us do it all over again next month :) Photos by Click Away Photography