Capitol Theatre

Maryville, TN · View map · Visit website

About Capitol Theatre

If you are looking for something exciting, fun & DIFFERENT, the Capitol Theatre wedding venue has amazingly unique packages like no other. The Capitol will give you, the couple, an elegant art deco ambiance with old Hollywood style for a glamorous and breathtaking wedding day. The venue has the main theatre room that is equipped with a large dance floor, Cinemagic! DJ services & advanced lighting/sound equipment for an all-out wedding experience. The Capitol also includes a Hollywood Man Cave (often described as the ultimate man cave) with poker & pool tables, TV's and other exciting entertainment before the ceremony. Our Glamorous Bridal Suite features walls of mirrors and an actual Hollywood vanity, designed with the perfect back drop for pictures. Other picture opportunities unlike anywhere else are our Coffee & Ice Cream shop, below your names on our neon Marquee, and under the most breathtaking chandelier on stage. We're here to take care of your one-of-a-kind wedding day! With full coordination services, and a very personable staff, our Celebrity Experience offers all-inclusive wedding packages to make your special day unforgettable, and treat you like the celebrity YOU are! Located conveniently in Downtown Maryville, Tennessee, we are 10 minutes away from the Knoxville Airport and 20 minutes from the famous Smoky Mountain National Park, with handicap access, and plenty of free parking.

Be the true celebrities you are!

Contact our Event Director, Haley, at 865-980-1966 or info@BooktheCapitol.com.

72 Reviews for Capitol Theatre

72 Capitol Theatre Reviews

H
Featured
holly

Married on 05/29/2010

The Capitol Theatre is an amazing venue for any event, especially weddings!. The theatre itself has been around for a long time, but was revamped a few years ago to restore its condition. I had my ... Read more wedding ceremony and reception here, and couldn't have been happier! The ceremony was even on stage, which was cool because it was so different! Heath and Debbie (the owner and coordinator) were so nice, and made everything really easy for me. First of all, it was pretty affordable for someone on a budget - it was a little more than some other places I looked, but it was worth the extra cost because so many things that were included would have been extra costs somewhere else (the rental for the night starts at 2400). For example: I didn't have to rent tables or chairs, they had really cute tables toppers that matched the venue (for $5 a table), the venue is BYOB (no corking fee's for anything we provided!) and you can sign up for a premium package that uses the owner as a DJ. Now, the only thing I was a 'control freak' about was the music for the evening - I made a playlist for the whole night and Heath (the owner/DJ) met up with me a few days before the event to look over everything. I was worried he wouldn't be able to find all the music we picked since most of it was not top 40, etc. He found all of our songs in his system and matched everything to either a music video, live performance, or old/obscure movie clips. It was SO cool, and he previewed some stuff for me in the theatre when we met. It was cool too because I didn't have to provide or pay to download any of the songs, I just typed up a list for him and he did the rest. The theatre uses Sullivan's restaurant for catering, which was very convenient because it is next door, and their food was a-m-a-z-i-n-g, everyone was talking about how good it was (we did a pasta bar, yum). Debbie acted as wedding coordinator and told us where to go and what to do, and she is very sweet. She was who I met with and talked to about everything regarding number of guests, table set ups, food, etc. Everything was beautiful, and we had a blast! This place would be great for any party. I think we had the coolest wedding ever thanks to the capitol :)

Katie
Katie

Married on 06/15/2019

Unforgettable, stress-free wedding

We got married at the Capitol Theatre in June 2019. It was an AMAZING, wonderful, unforgettable, stress-free wedding. **TL;DR** We had a stress-free and unforgettable wedding because the Capitol ... Read more Theatre is such a unique venue and Haley and Heath make it an easy experience. The theatre makes your wedding magical. Haley and Heath are very communicative, organized, and professional - they make it easy to plan a wedding! **The Venue** When doing our venue visits, the Capitol Theatre was the last place we saw, and we didn't think it would be a good fit since we aren't movie buffs. But as soon as we got the tour from Haley and Heath, we were sold. The wedding venue feels more like an old Broadway theater than a movie theater, which was absolutely along the lines of what we were looking for. We went with the Crystal Package, which includes decorations, and the Photobooth, which meant we didn't need to organize anything besides the bartender and the cake - everything else was provided by the venue (we did bring in an outside caterer because of vegetarian dietary restrictions). To set the scene, the bride gets ready in a spacious, beautiful room that makes you feel like a movie star, while the groom's man cave is full of poker tables, arcade games, and a bar. If you have your ceremony there like we did, you get married under a glittering chandelier with a starry night as the background - it's simply magical. The venue is perfect for a reception, and they have the formula worked out so they really know what they are doing. The tables are spacious for guests, and the dance floor is perfect for a night of dancing. The Cinemagic experience includes music videos and laser shows throughout dancing, which makes it an unforgettable wedding. Everyone told us it was the most memorable wedding they had ever been to. We also had a rehearsal dinner party in the Emerald Room the night before. It is an exceptionally well-decorated speakeasy that really makes you feel like you're in the roaring 20s. Take a tour of the room even if you don't use it, and be sure to try to open any door you see (some don't even look like doors...) Our guests had a blast...we were dancing at the rehearsal dinner! We only wish that it allowed more than 30 people. **The Staff** Haley and Heath were an amazing team to have on our side for the wedding planning process. Haley is very organized, knows what does and doesn't work, and is very responsive (which is not guaranteed with wedding vendors). I'm a corporate event planner, and I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to relax during the wedding, but day-of, I had complete faith that Haley could take care of anything that came up. If anything did come up, I'm not even aware of it!

S
Sarah Yassu

Married on 05/11/2019

Best day ever!

This was absolutely amazing! Read more This was absolutely amazing!!!