CarolynMarie Photography

Arden, NC · View map

About CarolynMarie Photography

We believe weddings are more than just a white dress and a killer party; they're full of real, raw, gorgeous emotion, and that emotion needs time and space to be felt. When you look through your wedding photos, we want you to remember what you were feeling and thinking when the photo was taken, rather than remember us taking the photo. We want your children, and your grandchildren, and your great-grandchildren to look at your photos and get a very real sense of who you are as a couple and how crazy in love you are. We're wedding photographers who care more about your emotions and your family legacy than getting the perfect shot. Your love is wild and passionate, and REAL and we want your wedding photos to reflect that.

16 Reviews for CarolynMarie Photography

16 CarolynMarie Photography Reviews

Kathryn
Kathryn

Married on 11/03/2018

Carolyn is incredible!

I was in the same photojournalism program with Carolyn at UNC Chapel Hill and had followed her career even after I moved away to pursue mine. So when I got engaged, I immediately knew who I wanted to ... Read more do our pictures. Carolyn has a documentary background, so her style of portraiture, the way she captures scenes and events is unique. From the very start of this process, her #1 goal was making sure my fiance and I were happy and would have time to ourselves on our big day. A week before our wedding, she sent a beautiful gift to us to encourage us to take time to be together, forge the stress of the wedding and just remember all the things we love about one another. Such a sweet thought! She was willing to do a rainy sunrise bridal portrait session with me because of my bonkers work schedule (though we ended up doing a gorgeous misty sunset instead). The day of our wedding, she gave us 20 minutes by ourselves after our first look so we could read personal vows to one another in private, and just be alone together (the only time we were all day!). She and her second shooter, Erin Hull, were there for 10 hours, and kept their energy and enthusiasm up even though I know they were exhausted. We just received our final wedding photos today and oh my goodness they are gorgeous! She was everything we could have hoped for and more. Thank you thank you Carolyn!!

J
Julie

Married on 09/01/2018

Such beautiful photos!

I had admired Carolyn's photos for a long time before I got engaged, and I was very excited to hire her for our engagement shoot and wedding last year. She did not disappoint - the photos are ... Read more gorgeous! She does a great job of balancing capturing real moments and portraits, and she has a gift for making her clients feel comfortable in front of the camera. I would definitely recommend her.

H
Hannah

Married on 08/18/2018

It took me a while to write the perfect review for Carolyn — Bottom line is you will not have a single regret hiring her. If you want beautiful sweet moments captured *perfectly* you don’t have to ... Read more read or look any further than Carolyn. She made my husband and I so incredibly comfortable (even though I thought I would be so nervous!). She helped make sure my wedding would be something I could never forget. Carolyn is beyond amazing to work with and is helpful in more ways than a bride could ever imagine! She some how captures a couples personality and the magical love between them in her photos... And that is exactly what your wedding day/engagement should be about.