Cary Hill 1741

Charles City, VA · View map

About Cary Hill 1741

Make your event historic!

Cary Hill 1741 is a picturesque time capsule of Southern decadence and charm, lovingly maintained for over 275 years. Our classic 18th century manor house is lovingly decorated with colonial works of art and antiques, providing an environment that honors our history while setting an incredible vintage backdrop for your wedding day. This classic setting is also fused with an eccentric modern vibe, creating an atmosphere that is perfect for any wedding.

Facilities and Capacity

Cary Hill 1741 accommodates up to 125 guests. The venue offers multiple event sites to enhance each element of your wedding day. Please contact us for additional information, and to schedule a no-obligation tour!

Your Cary Hill 1741 experience includes an eclectic range of event sites, amenities and conveniences.

• Cary Hill, the original estate home with 2 restrooms, bridal suite, cocktail parlor, photo hall, 2 caterer’s kitchens, and a rustic dining room with original brick flooring.
  • Outdoor ceremony site and sculpture garden.
  • A Greek-inspired poolside lounge and entertaining room with 1 restroom, large changing screen, private bar, and an entertainment center with television, sound system, and video game console.
  • Private outdoor pool and slated pool deck. Pool is open at Owner’s discretion from mid-May to early September.
  • Abundant parking on the property.
  • Personalized directional signage placed at numerous points leading from the highway to Cary Hill 1741 on your scheduled event date(s).
  • Up to 90 white padded garden chairs.
  • Access to Cary Hill 1741 hospitality manager prior to event, and on-site host on the day. Client must provide a day-of or wedding coordinator.

Celebrate with us!

• Elopement
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement party

Location
Located in Charles City, VA, Cary Hill 1741 is a short drive from the Historic Triangle: Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown.

9 Reviews for Cary Hill 1741

9 Cary Hill 1741 Reviews

D
Dan

Married on 10/07/2017

Words cannot express how wonderful this venue is! Steve is an amazing human being through and through and he made us feel so comfortable. The history of the venue is very intriguing and there are ... Read more plenty of stories to go along with it. It is on a beautiful piece of land surrounded by a nature reserve so the photo opportunities are endless. The staff for our event was small as we had a small wedding, but they were more than helpful and accommodating. I really can't stress enough how great Steve and Susan are. They are the nicest people you will ever meet. You could tell they really cared about my wife and myself, and that they put a lot of effort into maintaining the property and ensuring a memorable experience. Believe me when I say I was freaking out the day of, and Steve calmed me down several times throughout the day until the ceremony was completed. I don't know how I could have done it without him. I really could go on and on about how great Cary Hill and its staff are. My wife and I have been replaying the entire weekend in our head over and over! While it conjures wonderful memories, it was such a bittersweet feeling when it came to an end. We already miss the hospitality and warmth we received and it hasn't even been a week since we tied the knot! I promise you won't be disappointed; also keep in mind that Cary Hill is part of a wonderful foundation based out of the Richmond area called the Kip Kephart foundation, which raises money for children and animals. You really can't find a better venue, or better people. Thank you Steve and Susan!!!

M
Meg

Married on 10/07/2017

I've thought long & hard about what to write here, but words are not going to be enough to express my utter gratitude, joy and absolute love for this place & it's amazing staff. From the VERY first ... Read more email I exchanged via this site and was contacted in return from the owner Steve Rula, I was already sure that this would become my wedding venue if the date was available. It wasn't long after that my now-husband and I scheduled a visit and within seconds of being warmly welcomed onto the beautiful, historic location by Steve we KNEW it was the place for us. This venue has it all - many beautiful rooms with unique and historic, decorations and artwork - an absolutely GORGEOUS back yard space that goes into a wildlife preserve with plants and trees abundant, a pool house, cottages, and you just feel so comfortable surrounded by so much history and beauty. Of course Steve and his amazing staff help! We made a return visit in May and met with April who was just as friendly and accommodating. For our wedding weekend we were introduced to the Susan whom I almost wish I was related to as she was the most generous, kind-hearted, and amazing woman I've ever had the pleasure to work with. She and Steve made sure my husband and our families were happy, comfortable, and well taken care of the entire weekend. Again from the moment you step onto the property, you are in the absolute best hands possible - with wonderful, calm, happy, pleasing people who will do whatever they can to make sure you are happy. Cary Hill holds an incredibly special place in my heart now, and I would highly recommend it to any couple in a heartbeat. <3 THANK YOU STEVE & SUSAN!!!!!!!!!

V
Valorri

Married on 08/05/2017

Steve Rula was absolutely the easiest person to work with and made the experience delightful! I could never have asked for a better venue. The land is gorgeous, the artwork is unique and ... Read more distinguished, and it makes for a creative wedding venue! I love everything about this venue!!