Casa Velas

Puerto Vallarta, MX · View map · Visit website

About Casa Velas

Casa Velas is a hotel wedding venue located in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. This venue truly allows you to slip away and exchange your vows in a private paradise. While this venue is conveniently situated near the Puerto Vallarta International Airport, it offers the benefit of being tucked away on the Marina Vallarta Golf Club’s 18-hole course. This provides you with sweeping course views as your wedding backdrop. Scattered throughout this all-inclusive boutique hotel and ocean club are plenty of tropical garden areas. Best of all, the venue is just a few minutes away from the beach, where you and your loved ones with all be in awe of the sandy shores and crystal clear waters.

Facilities and Capacity
To blend in with the tropical surroundings, Casa Velas was carefully designed in a Spanish hacienda style. Inside of this hotel, couples will find five main event spaces to choose from, which can accommodate up to 200 of their loved ones. One option is the Ocean Club. This setting allows you to experience a truly romantic wedding complete with a sunset reception. The Pool Area is also available. This tropical setting is filled with flowers and views of the golf-course. Another setting that allows you to take in the peaceful surroundings is the Garden. Here in this space you will get a taste of the tropics, with palms everywhere you turn. Couples and guests can request one of the 80 suites to further explore and experience this gorgeous venue and the surrounding area. Just like the rest of the hotel, these suites are decorated in a traditional Mexican style, and amenities include everything from private immersion pools to spa treatments.

Casa Velas welcomes couples for all stages of their wedding, including the engagement party, ceremony, and reception, and the team can help couples plan all aspects of their wedding. They can even provide you with details like fresh flowers and centerpieces to incorporate into your selected site. To ensure that your big day runs smoothly and is stress-free for you, you can also request set up services.

2 Reviews for Casa Velas

2 Casa Velas Reviews

S
Shari-Ann

Married on 06/25/2011

What can I say about the Grand Velas? The only word that comes to me is overwhelming. Seriously, the luxury and the pampering are out of this world. Never have I had service like this! I had my ... Read more wedding at Grand Velas on June 25, 2011. My husband and I arrived on Thursday to square things away and get an idea of the place, etc. We arrive in the lobby and we're immediately told not to take our bags. We're whisked away to a couch and served cold hibiscus tea and cold lemon-scented towels. We're given a welcome massage that was just awesome. One of the best check-in experiences I've ever had. Edward, who I kept calling Eduardo, was our porter who gave us our tour of the facility. He was really cool and had a great personality. We talked a couple of times and always very sweet. We get to our room and what an amazing view! We can see clear out to the Bay and could see the gazebo where we were getting married. The beds were so comfy and the rooms well appointed. We had a master room I believe, and it came with a jacuzzi and shower. I loved how the toilet and shower were in separate areas. The only weird part about the room was answering the phone. There were 3, but you could only answer one normally, lol. We went to our tasting and the food was divine. Never have I had lamb so succulent and not paired with something typical like mint. We had lamb, duck, salmon, and a puff pastry leek for our wedding guests. All were delicious. The chef was very accommodating and joked that I challenged him with my choice of cake (white chocolate w/ strawberries). We didn't get to try it then, but I had full faith once I tasted the entrees and hors' d'oeurves. And this was not just a tasting. They gave us the complete entrees as our guests would have them! I was so surprised. We tried our signature drink choices and selected two: kiwi mojito and mango something. Both delicious. We ate at Piaf also and the food was again awesome. Service amazing. Try the tempura short rib. I couldn't finish it, but wished I could! The next day, our guests started arriving and everyone couldn't believe how amazing the place was. We went to the spa on Saturday, the day of the wedding, and it was such a luxury. I forgot my masseuse's name, but I think she did a wonderful job. Created a very serene atmosphere. Afterwards, the spa surprised me with a veil and had drinks set up on there lower level for my wedding guests. It was so unexpected and everyone loved it! Our wedding party had the rehearsal dinner at Azul and we shut the place down. All the staff were great. We retired to the lobby bar afterwards for karaoke. So much fun. People kept asking for an encore from us! The hotel remembered my mother-in-laws birthday and surprised her with a cake. I also arranged a private dinner at Frida for my in-laws anniversary. They were really pleased and said the food was so much they had to stop and get some rest, lol. My dad and gramps went golfing for their complimentary amenity. Both really had a great time driving around in the cart! The wedding itself was nothing short of fabulous. They listened to all the things I wanted and created the look I was going for. My coordinator, Ana Santos, was a pleasure to work with. She was very patient with me, as I'm pretty Type-A. We went off schedule, but she never hurried us along. She was very inconspicuous and had great suggestions. Initially, since it was rainy season, there was a struggle over moving the reception inside. But, I relented and was glad I did. Visually, outside would have been nice, but the temperature never really cools down and there's very little wind so my guests would've been truly melting. Ana's suggestions are to be trusted and I thank her for caring enough to stand her ground. We did the ceremony on the amazing gazebo and the reception in the Tamayo room. All the lighting and drapery was lovely and our table really beautiful. We had so much fun and no one wanted to leave. Everyone kept saying it was one of the best weddings they've been to just because of the experience GVV gave us. Ana also surprised us with an extra upgrade for our wedding night suite. I can't remember the style of the room, but it has the jacuzzi outside and the interior is very dark wood panel. Absolutely amazing with the views! My husband got to get ready for the wedding in that room while I was given a special bridal suite. My ladies and I had sweets and drinks waiting for us when we go to the suite which was lovely. For my wedding night suite, strawberries and champagne. All great touches and unexpected! Our wedding was watched by a lot of other GVV guests and that was really cute. People were clapping and cheering when we got married. We also had a photo shoot the day after in the pool and other guests were kind enough to keep to the sides while we swam. It's like the hotel's hospitality spills over onto the guests themselves. It was so much fun being there and I miss it already! Some drawbacks were the constant change in coordinators and the lack of up front information. For instance, the contract says guests can get free 25 minute spa treatments or golf. If someone chose golf, they then had to pay for equipment rental and golf cart fees. The only thing "free" was the tee time. That I didn't like. A lot of times the hotel nickel and dimed us, but I knew when to fight and when to let go. I urge all future brides to negotiate strongly. Go for what you want, but don't let them walk all over you. For those who are considering this place for a visit or a wedding, please highly consider Grand Velas. The service, rooms, and food are top-notch and amazing. They really care and are extremely considerate and professional. I can't say enough about this place. We all had a great time and hope to return in the future. Big shouts to Ana Santos, Karla Aguillon, the spa staff, and Alexa, my hair stylist!

Leslie
Leslie

Married on 11/11/2011

3.9

We had our destination wedding at Grand Velas. It is an unbelievable place! The service at the resort is unmatched anywhere else & we will return repeatedly. We had visited the resort a year prior to ... Read more preview the food and such to see if it was the right venue for us, so we knew what to expect as far as the resort goes. And it is truly an experience! I highly recommend it to everyone as a luxury vacation spot. Thankfully our planner, Ana, really understood our vision & brought it together beautifully for the day. The challenge is that everything happen on a 'Mexico time.' Responses are very slow so you need much patience to plan. It was really the month prior to the wedding that things really came together & we got answers. And that was very frustrating. We actually went down extra early for our own sanity so we could be more comfortable that all the details would come together. Of course, staying longer added to the cost & the amazing food added to our waistlines! But oh well. Our guests were all blown away with the entire experience. Our goal was for it to be as memorable for each of our guests as it was for us. Mission accomplished!

Casa Velas FAQ