Castello Vicchiomaggio

Florence, IT · View map · Visit website

About Castello Vicchiomaggio

Castello Vicchiomaggio is a wedding venue located in Florence, Italy. Nestled in the rolling hills of Chianti, this picturesque castle offers an exquisite experience complete with traditional hospitality and old world charm. From romantic outdoor ceremonies to al fresco dining under the Tuscan stars, Castello Vicchiomaggio is an ideal backdrop unforgettable affairs.

Facilities and Capacity
Castello Vicchiomaggio boasts various indoor and outdoor spaces for all your wedding celebrations. Overlooking the estate’s enchanting vineyards, the ancient oaks trees is a beautiful location for cocktails and fits up to 250 guests. For a feast for 250 seated guests, the terrace comes with traditional Florentine terracotta vases, vibrant flowers, lush trees, and beautiful views for the countryside. The castle’s main ballroom, Lorenzo Il Magnifico is an indoor space with room for 150 seated guests. For an intimate ambiance, Rombi and Gigli comfortably accommodate up to 40 people. Featuring breathtaking view of the castle’s Medieval tower as well as a small chapel, the cozy courtyard accommodates 85 guests for cocktails.

The events team at Castello Vicchiomaggio is available to bring your dream wedding vision to life. They carefully guide you through the process, and work from start to finish to ensure every last detail is handled seamlessly on your big day. Castello Vicchiomaggio has plenty of on-site parking and can be accessible by wheelchair. Other services available include:

• Accommodations
  • Bar Services
  • Catering Services
  • Get ready rooms
  • Rentals
  • Set up and clean up

Cuisine
Castello Vicchiomaggio offers a full menu of locally inspired dishes that are prepared from scratch in their modern kitchens. Couples can choose from a variety of meal options, and chefs are happy to customize any dietary needs. Catering services include:

• Cake cutting
  • Plated
  • Stations
  • Wedding cake

Accomodation
Castello Vicchiomaggio has 17 rooms and suites tastefully furnished with terracotta floors and vaulted ceilings or ceilings with exposed beams. They come equipped with modern comforts such as WiFi, flat screen TVs, and organic toiletries. Guests looking for some rest and relaxation can enjoy the stunning infinity pool.

History
Originally designed to protect Florence, Castello Vicchiomaggio’s impressive history dates back to the Middle Ages. Notable guests include Leonardo Da Vinci, who stayed at the property during the period when he painted ‘The Mona Lisa.’ After a meticulous restoration project, Castello Vicchiomaggio became a national monument and it’s currently owned and operated by John and Paola Matta.

Location
Situated in one of Italy’s most idyllic regions, Castello Vicchiomaggio is in the heart of Chianti. It’s about 30 minutes from Florence and one hour away from Pisa International Airport. This area has a plethora of sightseeing options for you and your loved ones to enjoy, and Castello Vicchiomaggio offers guided tours of their vineyards and historical cellars.

10 Reviews for Castello Vicchiomaggio

10 Castello Vicchiomaggio Reviews

Alison
Alison Embury

Married on 10/24/2018

Fall Wedding

Castello Vicchiomaggio was the perfect place to hold our fairytale wedding. From the moment we booked we were very well taken care of. I couldn't imagine a more beautiful place to stay and get ... Read more married!

V
Vanessa

Married on 09/22/2018

Our dream wedding

My husband and I decided to get married in Italy about a year ago and we tied the knot in Tuscany in Sept 2018. I worked with a wedding planner throughout the process but selected the venue, Castello ... Read more Vicchiomaggio, myself before we began working with her. I worked with Sandra, who oversees events at the Castello and she was so easy to work with, incredibly organized and accommodating when we arrived prior to the wedding. The venue itself is a dream. The Castello sits up on a hill overlooking the surrounding vinyards and made for a breathtaking wedding location and fulfilled everything we had imagined. We hosted 50 guests and the castle had enough rooms to fully accommodate our immediate family and friends for 3 nights plus a great infinity pool to occupy them during the day. In addition to the space, the food was phenominal and all of our guests couldn’t stop talking about it throughout the weekend. The in-house chef was incredibly experienced and wow’d the entire party with everything from the dinner itself to the cake and wine. It’s only been a few months and we are already dying to return. I would recommend Castello Vicchiomaggio to anyone who is looking for a charming, historic location for their dream wedding. We are based in NYC, admittedly selective and particular and we wouldn’t have changed a single element.

K
Krista

Married on 08/18/2018

More than a dream wedding

Where do I begin? I cannot say enough amazing things about Castello Vicchiomaggio and all the staff. My now husband and I had our wedding at Castello Vicchiomaggio on August 18, 2018. We spent ... Read more Thursday through Sunday at the Castle with 30 of our closest friends and family. From arrival to departure, Sandra and Delphine were so welcoming and accommodating- making everything so easy and relaxing. The rest of the staff, from chefs to our wedding servers, to the grounds crew, know exactly what they are doing. The castle itself is very well kept, the food is excellent, and the wine is truly award winning. It’s so good, we now buy cases to serve at our family restaurant in CT! And I can’t forget to mention the infinity pool that overlooks the beautiful hills of Tuscany. It provides the perfect spot for all to relax before the big day. The wedding itself was picture perfect. The venue provides a truly beautiful Tuscan setting, with historic touches. The castle comfortably fit all 30 guests, where each guest had a bed, but it could hold more if needed. We had a Catholic ceremony in the Church of Santa Maria. This church is a true historic gem! I was worried since it was hot outside, the church would be too hot for guests. It wasn’t. The church keeps quite cool. The bar and food service during cocktail hour and our reception was flawless. Everyone was professional and on top of it all. We held our cocktail hour in the garden, the reception outside on the main gravel patio, and dancing outside on the covered patio near the garden. Castello Vicchiomaggio makes you feel like family. Did I mention my husband’s mother forgot a carry-on bag at the castle and they mailed it to us?! Bottom line, I would highly recommend this venue and tell you not to look anywhere else if planning a wedding in Tuscany!