Catering DSM

Des Moines, IA · View map · Visit website

About Catering DSM

Catering DSM is a professional wedding caterer based in Des Moines, Iowa. It has been part of the Des Moines wedding industry for more than four years, providing catering services throughout the local area including Ames, Urbandale, and West Des Moines. The company is the exclusive caterer for the Temple for Performing Arts and the Atrium in Capital Square in downtown Des Moines.

Catering DSM offers a full-range of catering services and cuisine options that can fit any couple's dining needs. It provides endless menu possibilities and has partnership with multiple venues for easy planning. The company's event services cover delivery, set up, and clean up.

Cuisine
Catering DSM offers a variety of cuisine styles that range from American and Asian to European and Mediterranean, with final menus determined with tastings. Its catering style covers breakfast/brunch, hors d'oeuvres, servers, buffet, plated, and stations. Catering DSM also facilitates cake cutting activities. It accommodates dietary needs such as gluten-free, lactose-free, nut-free, vegan, kosher, no pork, organic, and vegetarian.

5 Reviews for Catering DSM

5 Catering DSM Reviews

K
Featured
Kayla

Married on 07/20/2013

Catering DSM did an amazing job with the dinner and cocktail hour for our wedding! The food was delicious and the staff was very nice! Read more Catering DSM did an amazing job with the dinner and cocktail hour for our wedding! The food was delicious and the staff was very nice!

A
Anna and Bill

Married on 10/17/2015

Five words - The Temple And Mallory Huff. Catering DSM was amazing - Mallory was the one who oversaw both the Temple and the Catering. She was exellent beyond mesure. Quick to reply, helpful, ... Read more professional, and fun. Everyone raved about how good the food was. We had apps and drinks first followed by dinner, and then late night apps. I had a number of food restriction guests (dairy, gluten, nuts, no meat, no pork, etc) and Catering DSM was able to handle them all without any stress. We were utterly no help on picking the menu out the first time and with only a few descriptive words (classy and fun) and a couple of edits - everything came full circle. The tasting ahead of time gave us a good idea of what the night would be like and a chance for feed back. The servering professionals made the night complete. Mallory even helped me out with a bit of miscommunication on the shuttle and re-arranged the dance floor layout for us. Everything was absolutely perfect. I do not know if another manager would be as good, but I know how great this was.

User3654121

2+ years ago

4.7

I was a little nervous when I booked with the Temple and was stuck with whichever Caterer they used (some venues let you bring in your own). My family is very picky about the quality of food they eat ... Read more - many of them are chefs or at least attended culinary school. However, Catering DSM was perfect! I sent them several changes to our menu over the course of 8 months and they always responded right away and helped me sort out what would be best for my guests. I was even more impressed when they were passing appetizers, wine, and beer on trays during cocktail hour. I feel like they were always classy and professional. Some of their servers went above and beyond to help my grandparents with special requests. They also include an event coordinator with their service who made sure my husband and I were taken care of at all times! My wedding turned out beautifully and I couldn't have asked for a better venue or caterer.