Cathys Elegant Events

Catskill, NY · View map · Visit website

About Cathys Elegant Events

Cathy’s Elegant Events is a wedding and event planning business in Catskill, New York. Cathy spent several years after high school exploring the outdoors in 49 states and the British Isles. She has a degree in mathematics and statistics and more than seven years of experience in event planning. Cathy started her business in 2011 and specializes in weddings.

Wedding days are bound to have a couple mishaps and Cathy is prepared for the unexpected with her emergency kit worthy of Mary Poppins. She takes your vision seriously and works from the time of your consultation until your grand exit to meet all your needs. She offers partial planning, full-service planning and day-of coordination. Some of their services include creating diagrams, sketches, blueprints and mockups of your spaces, event design, to-do lists, vendor referrals, scheduling, budget creating and tracking and much more.

76 Reviews for Cathys Elegant Events

76 Cathys Elegant Events Reviews

S
Sue

Married on 12/07/2018

Cathy was our "life line" throughout the entire planing process including the wedding day and post wedding wrap up. My daughter and her fiancee lives on the west coast, my husband and I in DC and the ... Read more wedding was in Rhinebeck. She was so organized from providing valuable information about vendors, to generating list of what needed to be rented for the farm venue to negotiated prices. Her attention to detail is phenomenal - nothing escapes her.. Because of her professional and support, we were able to thoroughly enjoy the wedding day without any distractions. I highly recommend working with Cathy for a wonderful wedding experience.

D
Danielle

Married on 10/20/2018

You Need a Planner. Get the Best.

So we never intended to hire a wedding planner. We had a long engagement, over two years, and figured that we could DIY a lot of things over that time and build our own perfect wedding. Boy, were we ... Read more wrong. We were lucky enough to book a wedding venue that included a day-of coordinator, none other than Cathy Ballone of Cathy’s Elegant Events. So we expected just that: a day-of coordinator. However, what we got was SO MUCH MORE. Cathy worked with us for over a year and always gave us her full attention and care to detail. She not only knows her stuff better than I can imagine anyone else in the business, but she is also such a kind-hearted person who genuinely wants to help make the bride and groom’s dream vision come to life. As a procrastinator and the most indecisive person I know, I was not always the most responsive bride as I had fear about finality and making the right choices. Cathy was always so patient with me and assisted us in making all of the right decisions for us as a couple. She is not just organized and a planner by nature, but a good person with an uncanny ability to become your friend even if it’s just over the phone, so by the time you meet in person, it seems you’ve known each other much longer. And in her role, she goes above and beyond to make sure your wedding day is the best day of your life, as any friend would want for another. Cathy and her team were so intricate and detail-oriented throughout the whole process, and particularly the day of, but the most special thing about her services was how well she took care of us as people on the day of the wedding, not just the well-planned out schedule and placement of everything. Cathy made sure we ate, bustled my dress when my husband stepped on the train and pulled a button, and when a guest lost an important piece of jewelry, she held it for safekeeping upon it being found and attached it to my necklace at the end of the night to make sure it got home and to its owner safe and sound. Our day would not have been half as amazing as it was, without the help of Cathy. We cannot recommend Cathy and her team highly enough. No words can do her and her work justice.

A
Angela

Married on 10/06/2018

Couldn’t have done it without her!

Cathy was everything we hoped for and more! We had our ceremony and reception at a venue that required us to bring everything in. We knew we wanted a day of coordinator, because we wanted to be able ... Read more to enjoy our day/ weekend and not worry about communicating with all of vendors. Cathy made sure everything went smoothly and stepped in in more ways than I expected, including meeting with us many times over our planning process to touch base and give us advice for ANY questions we had. The day of she made sure we had everything we could possibly need including hot tools to touch up our hair that was flattened due to the fog, bustled my dress, and repaired my dress not once, but twice, when a button the buttons on my dress wouldn’t stay closed and my dress got stepped on and the bustle ripped! We can’t thank her enough for being the support we needed to make our day so special. Definitely recommend!