Celebrate at Snug Harbor

Staten Island, New York · View map · Visit website

About Celebrate at Snug Harbor

Celebrate At Snug Harbor is a romantic wedding venue in Staten Island, New York. It is a place where tradition meets art. Guests will be in awe of its incredible architecture, exquisite botanical gardens and delicious cuisine. Tucked away from the business of New York City, this venue space is ideal for couples wanting a unique and whimsical ceremony and reception spot. If you are looking for an old-world vibe with a modern twist, then this is the place for you. With its convenient location on Staten Island, it is just a quick ferry ride from lower Manhattan or a short drive from Brooklyn and Queens.

Facilities and Capacity
With 83 acres of stylized gardens, the possibilities are endless when choosing where to host your special celebration. Say “I do” in one of their many botanical gardens (Tuscan Garden, Rose Garden, Connie Gretz Secret Garden, White Garden, New York Chinese Scholar’s Garden) or the Newhouse Museum. Any of these settings will provide a serene and beautiful atmosphere to kick off your big day. The White Garden or Chinese Scholar Garden can be used alongside the tented pavilion to create a complete garden experience. It can accommodate anywhere from 100 to 250 guests comfortably from April to October. Guests will then get to enjoy cocktail hour under the stars or inside their beautiful hall. The Great Hall features 40-foot ceilings, providing an open-spaced environment for guests to dine, dance and make unforgettable memories. WIth Palladian windows, intricate woodwork, grand fireplaces and more, the elegant and charming ambience of the space will have your guests in awe. This event space can accommodate up to 350 guests comfortably.

When booking Celebrate At Snug Harbor for your special occasion, you will get to work personally with their event designers. They want your event to truly be unique to you. From start to finish, it is their mission to make sure your wedding vision comes to life so your expectations are not only met, but exceeded. The venue offers the following services:

• Cake

Featured
Laura Menjivar

Married on 06/02/2019

Wedding ceremony and reception

I don't even know where to begin, I got married at snug harbor on June 2nd, 2019 and to sum up all my emotions into one word, it was breathtaking. I booked this venue a few days after I took the tour, ... Read more the groups had massive potential to be turned into the "greenery" wedding that I dreamed about. From an beautiful Chinese schoolar garden to the spectacular tuscan garden and a simple yet sophisticated tented pavilion, I knew my wedding had to be there. A few months before the wedding as any bride would feel I was all over the place, obviously beginning to doubt my venue, photographer and even wedding dress. I never felt so safe, taken care of and relaxed than when John Lanniello (wedding coordinator) grabbed my hand and said "enjoy your day, I got it from here". I get very emotional about it because my mind was a mess leading up to my wedding day and him and his dedicated team made it happen so effortless and impeccable. I want to thank Snug Harbor's team from the caters, bartenders, cooks and everyone who contributed to make my guest feel welcomed by all of you.

T
Theresa

Getting married on 09/13/2019

10/10 could not be more pleased

I hosted a bridal shower in the tented pavilion May 2019. I will start by saying I am extremely picky and my expectations were the same as from my very own wedding (for reference I am comparing to an ... Read more an iconic Manhattan venue.) John and his team surpassed that experience Not one detail was over looked and they were so incredibly involved, invested and truly cared about every aspect as if it were their own personal event. For example, John created a signature drink table for us and it was spectacular, apparent to all the effort put in on the “extras” Service - waitstaff was amazing !! No one had an empty drink or was ever in need of anything, someone was always there. The attention to detail was exceptional and they helped keep the party flowing nicely which is important. Food- this is not standard “venue” food. The chef and John work to come up with creative options. This is something you do not experience at most venues. Ambiance - dreamy. The tent was new and magnificent , the chandelier and draping added elevated detail, it’s truly like another world. The bride was so pleased she is looking here for her wedding too.

G
Gerrianna

Married on 12/15/2018

Magical night

My wedding was this weekend at Celebrate at Snug Harbor and it couldn’t have been more perfect! From the start of our engagement and planning all I heard was“ with every wedding expect something to ... Read more go wrong, nothing is perfect”....and though I assure you that it is very true, let me start off by saying our reception was as close to perfection as it gets. My fiancé and I had a very untraditional wedding. Both of us wanted a Game of Thrones/ Harry Potter inspired wedding with lanterns and hanging lights, just that overall feel of magic, and boy oh boy did we obtain that in the “Great Hall”. The room is stunning beyond stunning. Frankly it’s a “must see”. We had 4 other hall appointments booked and canceled them immediately after seeing the beauty of the room and meeting with the team. The Snug Harbor team we had can only be described as the dream team; John, Theresa, and Erin made our wedding what it was, going above and beyond their roles to make sure everything was what we had envisioned. John, Theresa, and Erin embraced all our ideas with smiles and openness and made us feel immediately like family. They worked with us, giving us ideas of what they (not “we”, “they”) can do to make our dream a reality even more. Little things like taking the time to find the “Game of Thrones” font for our menus (their idea entirely), to creating the perfect table numbers for us (also their idea), the work they put in went above the contract we signed. I cannot stress this enough as I really believe you will not get this at any other hall. In John my fiancé immediately gained another usher. He helped my fiancé with the very detailed set up of our tables (we didn’t have a florist and everything had to be done by hand and he was there ready to help set up). John could have just let my fiancé in and left to do paper work or bring work in the room to do, but he stayed for hours, hands on helping him. In Theresa and Erin I gained two bridesmaids, that’s literally how involved they were in helping me at the hall. I often found myself calling them just to throw ideas at them or update them on projects I was working on. They were nothing short of amazing. Also, and this was mentioned to me by our guests without me asking mind you, the waitstaff was beyond friendly: asking my guests if they needed anything, smiling all night, they were just as part of making the wedding as great as it was as anything else. One of the women on the waitstaff told me that she actually had off that day and requested to work our wedding just to be a part of the experience we and the team created. Like, who does that?? That’s how passionate and dedicated they are at Snug Harbor. It’s still mind blowing to me how lucky we were to have them all running the show. Now onto the food. By all guests counts, the food was amazing. All the appetizers were like looking at mini works art with taste to match. Our dinner was the best meal I’ve ever had in my life. My husband who is 6’5’’ and can eat a meal or 2 at a time said everything he had was amazing. The spicy foods we picked were right on point. I hate peppery things and nothing was over the top too much. They were able to create our signature drinks, butter beer and a winter-jack Apple cider mix my husband created, with no problem. We had a guest who couldn’t eat fish due to very severe allergy and they made sure to handle her food in a completely separate area. The grounds spectular, beautiful even on the damp day we had. You aren’t going find grounds more perfect. They have buildings dating back from the 1800’s, beautiful trees I assure you look just as stunning in December as they do in June. Reading this back I want to assure you all that if something was wrong with the hall in any way my fiancé and I would be honest in writing it because we know planning a wedding is serious business and we wouldn’t want to pass a headache onto anyone. The place and people were perfect and we can’t imagine better place to book.