Celebrate the Day

Minden, Nevada · View map · Visit website

About Celebrate the Day

Celebrate the Day is a wedding planning service located in the Reno, Tahoe, and Carson Valley area. When the creator and owner of Celebrate the Day planned her own daughter’s wedding, she hired a day-of coordinator. Beccause of this, she was able to enjoy her daughter's special day and be a part of the celebration without worring about organizing, managing, and directing guests and vendors. Celebrate the Day is here to make your wedding day run smoothly and let your guests be part of the wonderous day, not work it.

Celebrate the Day offers day-of coordination on your wedding day. Before your wedding you meet with them several times to create a timeline of events, review floor plans, look over vendor lists, and discuss floral and wedding decor. On the day of your wedding they:

• Set-up and arrange floral and wedding decor
  • Greet and organize vendors
  • Deliver flowers to wedding party and family members
  • Organize and direct wedding party lineup for the processional

At the reception they:

• Coordinate with djs, photographers, and other professionals for special dances, toasts, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc.
  • Distribute final payments to vendors
  • Collect gifts, decor, and personal items

8 Reviews for Celebrate the Day

8 Celebrate the Day Reviews

B
Featured
Brenda

Married on 10/28/2016

It was our family's great pleasure to have Janni Gearty at Celebrate The Day serve as our day of the wedding planner for my daughter's wedding. I can pinpoint so many areas in which Janni anticipated ... Read more our needs! First of all, I think she was just as excited as we were for the upcoming event. But she kept us focused, asked pertinent questions, and made suggestions to help us organize and prepare. Janni picked up the decorations and other items several days before the wedding. The day before the wedding her humor and leadership navigated our big, confusing group through the rehearsal. On the day of the wedding she transported everything to the wedding/reception site, proceeded to supervise the vendors and deliveries, decorated the site, helped reorganize rooms due to inclement weather (yikes!), and addressed the myriad of details that were so necessary to make this the wedding of my daughter's dreams. Janni's high energy and ability to see the "whole picture" helped create a beautiful setting. Most importantly, my husband and I were able to focus on our daughter and her needs the day of the wedding, knowing that Janni was calmly handing the very important details of the wedding. She alleviated so much stress and worry, allowing us to have fun and enjoy the celebration more fully than we had anticipated. Thank you, Janni! You're the best! Brenda and Scott Downs

S
Shannan

Married on 06/08/2019

The Best Decision I Could Have Made, Besides Saying I Do!

OMG I could not have asked for anything so amazing! Celebrate the Day took care of every little detail, and things I didn't even think of. Janice is the sweetest person and calmed me when I was ... Read more stressed :) She helped me come up with ideas, decorated the wedding venue greater than I could ever imagine. She got us through the rehearsal dinner and was most patient during the wedding rehearsaI. We are a bit of a crazy group, and she rounded everyone up and gave everyone perfect instructions on what to do. I had a hiccup with the band 2 weeks before the wedding date and she cleared that all up. Words cannot express how amazing Janice and her husband are. She really is a friend that helps you through the greatest moment of your life.

J
Jenna Baron

Married on 05/23/2019

Janice is a wedding coordinator extraordinaire!

My husband and I couldn't say enough good things or come up with quotes to sum her up perfectly when it comes to reviewing Janice of Celebrate the Day. I didn't know a thing about the planning process ... Read more for a wedding and she was always there to give me ideas, show me examples and direct me to making the best decisions to make the day go smooth, which it did. She communicated with me throughout the planning up to the wedding day, not only with me, but with everyone else involved. She literally did everything and has kits for everything if anything goes wrong! At the very beginning she met with all of the vendors and reached out to the venue and made herself visible to all of the parties. She setup and decorated the venue the day of, coordinated vendor drop offs, ensured the bridal party knew what they were doing (especially the dudes). She knows how to round up the troops and get things done and solve any issues so that the bride and groom have time to enjoy the day and celebrate. She is like a human espresso bean with all of her energy and spunk. She is professional and FUN, the two things any bride and groom should look for in a coordinator. "She is the Chuck Norris of wedding Coordinators" -Geoff and Jenna "If Janice Gearty was on the Titanic, it wouldn't have sank and also showed up early in New York" -Geoff and Jenna "Janice Gearty is the modern day Mary Poppins. Out of her magic bag of tricks, she pulled out the perfect wedding day" -Geoff and Jenna Thank you Janice for all of your hard work in helping us prepare and doing IT ALL. We are so happy you were there with us! -Jenna and Geoff