Hired? Booked

Ceresville Mansion

Frederick, MD · View map · Visit website

About Ceresville Mansion

The Ceresville Mansion is a historic mansion with a ballroom space for weddings in the greater Washington, D.C. area. At this stunning elegant and vintage mansion, couples will find a white building with a black roof, an ivy-covered pergola facing a pool, and a ballroom with hardwood floors, bright windows, and antique columns. This mansion is located in Frederick, Maryland, approximately one hour from downtown Washington, D.C.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can invite up to 200 guests to celebrate their big day at the Ceresville Mansion. This elegant event space features indoor and outdoor event locations for couples. Outdoors, couples can host their wedding ceremony or cocktail hour in the garden terrace. This garden space features a reflecting pool, which reflects an image of the couple as they exchange vows under the ivy-topped white pergola. This stately structure perfectly frames couples as they begin their lives together. At night, the garden comes alive with magical fairy lights. Couples can take wedding portraits on the 25-acre property with mountain views or the grand manor house in the background. Inside, the Grand Ballroom welcomes guests for a seated wedding reception. Large windows let in light all around until the sun sets. These windows are draped in elegant and breezy neutral fabric, adding depth to the surrounding white walls and columns with ornamental gold tops. The polished hardwood floors add grace to the delicate room.

This venue opens its doors for ceremonies and receptions, but also bridal showers, engagement parties, and rehearsal dinners. The staff ensures couples will be well-taken care of on their big day. All-inclusive packages and assistance with event planning takes the stress of the wedding off a couple's shoulders so that they can enjoy the celebration as a guest. Other services at this mansion property include:

• Bridal suite
  • Parking
  • Setup
  • Wireless Internet

Cuisine
Full in-house bar service allows couples to choose between a cash and open bar for their wedding reception. Following a champagne toast, bartenders keep glasses and spirits full. Cuisine can be served in the following catering styles for couples:

• Buffet
  • Servers
  • Stations
  • Tastings

History
This historic mansion was built in 1888 on a tract of land originally known as Dulaney's Lot, which has history tracing back to 1724. The land was granted to General Otho Williams in the 1780s and upon it he built the Ceresville grist mill, the original Mansion house and a saw mill. Edward Shriner, who bought the property from Williams in 1816, built the Ceresville Mansion in 1888 as a wedding anniversary gift to his wife.

249 Reviews for Ceresville Mansion

249 Ceresville Mansion Reviews

B
Featured
Britney

Married on 09/16/2018

Ceresville Mansion is an amazing wedding venue! We decided to choose Ceresville because of the excellent quality of service, great value for our money and not to mention, the beauty of the mansion. ... Read more Once we decided on this location for our wedding, the event director, Kate, worked with us throughout the year to make sure things were coming into place. She was always responsive to emails and calls and always courteous. She was a delight to work with. We were even given a list of recommended vendors and a suggested timeline to follow while planning. The price was unmatched for the value. Everything was included...catering, linen, tables and wedding day coordination. My wedding day was incredible thanks to the Ceresville team. Phillip coordinated the day making sure everything was in place, all vendors arrived on time and the timeline for the day was followed. I had no worries throughout the event because everything was taken care of. My guests had a blast! They couldn’t stop telling us how wonderful the staff and venue were. I highly recommend this wedding venue! The entire Ceresville team was a dream to work with. My husband and I couldn’t have made a better choice for our big day.

A
Aiko

Married on 09/15/2018

Ceresville Mansion venue is amazing! We had a beautiful fall wedding there. I had the pleasure of working with Kate,Vicky, and their awesome staff. Kate was there every step of the way working on our ... Read more wedding plans and Vicky made sure the day of the wedding ran smoothly and was perfect! They were all very accommodating. My guests loved this venue and I would definitely recommend this venue to everyone we know! Thank you for making our wedding day soo special!

Morgan
Morgan

Married on 09/01/2018

Best Day Ever

Picking Ceresville was one of the best decisions that we made. Our event coordinators made everything so easy. We started out with Stephanie who was more than perfect introducing us to Ceresville and ... Read more getting the planning process started. When Stephanie left Ceresville we were seamlessly handed off to our second coordinator Kate. Kate went above and beyond answering all of my last minute emails and assisting me and getting all of the last minute additions. We planned to get married outside with a back up plan of getting married inside. However, we got hit with a surprise storm that threw off both plans. Our Ceresville team went into action and at last minute we ended up getting married on the dance floor which created one of the most intimate experiences of my life! Our guest still cannot stop talking about how great the food was! We had the pleasure of attending two tastings so we got to try a lot of the options at Ceresville. ALL of them were great and a fan favorite seemed to be the shrimp and grits. The in house catering made everything so easy. Lastly, I want to give special thank yous to our day of coordinator and wedding attendant. They spent the day running around and doing everything in they could to make us happy. If I could do it all over I would pick Ceresville every time!