Ceresville Mansion

Frederick, MD, MD · View map · Visit website

About Ceresville Mansion

The Ceresville Mansion is a historic mansion with a ballroom space for weddings in the greater Washington, D.C. area. At this stunning elegant and vintage mansion, couples will find a white building with a black roof, an ivy-covered pergola facing a pool, and a ballroom with hardwood floors, bright windows, and antique columns. This mansion is located in Frederick, Maryland, approximately one hour from downtown Washington, D.C.

Facilities and Capacity

Couples can invite up to 200 guests to celebrate their big day at the Ceresville Mansion. This elegant event space features indoor and outdoor event locations for couples. Outdoors, couples can host their wedding ceremony or cocktail hour in the garden terrace. This garden space features a reflecting pool, which reflects an image of the couple as they exchange vows under the ivy-topped white pergola. This stately structure perfectly frames couples as they begin their lives together. At night, the garden comes alive with magical fairy lights. Couples can take wedding portraits on the 25-acre property with mountain views or the grand manor house in the background. Inside, the Grand Ballroom welcomes guests for a seated wedding reception. Large windows let in light all around until the sun sets. These windows are draped in elegant and breezy neutral fabric, adding depth to the surrounding white walls and columns with ornamental gold tops. The polished hardwood floors add grace to the delicate room.

This venue opens its doors for ceremonies and receptions, but also bridal showers, engagement parties, and rehearsal dinners. The staff ensures couples will be well-taken care of on their big day. All-inclusive packages and assistance with event planning takes the stress of the wedding off a couple’s shoulders so that they can enjoy the celebration as a guest. Other services at this mansion property include:

• Bridal suite
  • Parking
  • Setup
  • Wireless Internet

Cuisine

Full in-house bar service allows couples to choose between a cash and open bar for their wedding reception. Following a champagne toast, bartenders keep glasses and spirits full. Cuisine can be served in the following catering styles for couples:

• Buffet
  • Servers
  • Stations
  • Tastings

History

This historic mansion was built in 1888 on a tract of land originally known as Dulaney’s Lot, which has history tracing back to 1724. The land was granted to General Otho Williams in the 1780s and upon it he built the Ceresville grist mill, the original Mansion house and a saw mill. Edward Shriner, who bought the property from Williams in 1816, built the Ceresville Mansion in 1888 as a wedding anniversary gift to his wife.

254 Reviews for Ceresville Mansion

254 Ceresville Mansion Reviews

B
Featured
Britney

Married on 09/16/2018

Ceresville Mansion is an amazing wedding venue! We decided to choose Ceresville because of the excellent quality of service, great value for our money and not to mention, the beauty of the mansion. ... Read more Once we decided on this location for our wedding, the event director, Kate, worked with us throughout the year to make sure things were coming into place. She was always responsive to emails and calls and always courteous. She was a delight to work with. We were even given a list of recommended vendors and a suggested timeline to follow while planning. The price was unmatched for the value. Everything was included...catering, linen, tables and wedding day coordination. My wedding day was incredible thanks to the Ceresville team. Phillip coordinated the day making sure everything was in place, all vendors arrived on time and the timeline for the day was followed. I had no worries throughout the event because everything was taken care of. My guests had a blast! They couldn’t stop telling us how wonderful the staff and venue were. I highly recommend this wedding venue! The entire Ceresville team was a dream to work with. My husband and I couldn’t have made a better choice for our big day.

Stephanie
Stephanie

Married on 01/19/2019

Ceresville made my day magical!

I could not have imagined having my wedding at any other venue. Ceresville has been professional and helpful every step of the way. The staff let me take a second tour of when my mother was in town ... Read more visiting to give her a chance to see it in person. My planner had left, and they were quick to assign a new planner to work with me. Natalie and Alison helped me to plan out everything that I needed to make my wedding run smoothly. Vicki, my day of coordinator, keep everything running and on task. Lauren, my bridal assistant, was wonderful and made sure that anything I needed help with was taken care of. I cannot stress enough how wonderful everything was. The whole team was fabulous at Ceresville!

JILLIAN
JILLIAN

Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing venue

The employees all worked so hard to make my dream wedding come true. I did not have to stress at all the day of the wedding and everything went smoothly. Michelle was a pleasure to work with and the ... Read more venue its self is beautiful.