Chaplain Wayne MacKirdy

Colorado Springs, CO · View map

About Chaplain Wayne MacKirdy

A retired Army chaplain experienced in dealing with people from many different traditions for over three decades. I may be old, but I haven't lost my sense of humor, and I trust that you haven't either.

If you haven't noticed, there is no template for a wedding, it is yours. I would be pleased to help you shape it.

Give me a holler if I can be of assistance...and don't worry about the money, I let you decide what to pay...really!

Wayne

11 Reviews for Chaplain Wayne MacKirdy

11 Chaplain Wayne MacKirdy Reviews

D
Debbi

Married on 08/04/2018

What a delightful ceremony he performed for our daughter and her now, husband. They found him through online reviews and they were not disappointed. He is charismatic, engaging, full of appropriate ... Read more humor in the ceremony and we enjoyed visiting with him at the reception and rehearsal dinner.

Andrea
Andrea

Married on 09/03/2017

Chaplain Wayne MacKirdy was the best officiant we could have chosen. My husband and I met with him a couple months before for lunch and he had so many great stories, was kind and funny. It was also ... Read more nice because he was in the military for many years so my husband and him chatted about that. He went over how he does everything and is so experienced, I had no worries of how everything would flow. Since he's done so many weddings, he is very flexible and accommodating and asked us what we wanted to incorporate to the ceremony as well (we added Bible readings and did the sand ceremony which he suggested). While he wasn't at our rehearsal, our ceremony was the best. He knew exactly what to say, added in a few jokes (made everyone laugh!), included the Our Father (which I personally loved), and made it very special for us. All of our friends and family told us how much they loved him and thought it was the most perfect ceremony-not too long but not too short and he fit it to us. After the ceremony, our guests loved chatting with him! Such an amazing man and we were so blessed to have him as our officiant. Overall, he was great and I would highly recommend him for your ceremony!

A
Ashley

Married on 07/01/2017

Chaplain Wayne was amazing! He made our day so special and was really perfect! We met him once before the ceremony to have dinner and really make sure we clicked and that we felt comfortable with ... Read more him. He's a very knowledgeable, interesting, experienced guy! He was prompt and on time to our ceremony and really interacted with our guests. He has a "pay what you can" structure which was nice! Seriously can not express how thankful we are for Chaplain Wayne!