Charlotte's Bridal and Formal Wear

La Crosse, WI · View map

About Charlotte's Bridal and Formal Wear

Charlotte Bushman was a pioneer among women entrepreneurs, and today Charlotte’s Bridal continues her trendsetting tradition. It was 1948 when she began Charlotte’s Hat Shoppe in her home after investing $500 into a supply of Easter hats, just in time for the holiday. Her home business grew to be Charlotte’s Bridal Shoppe in 1953 with a modest selection of six bridesmaids dresses and five wedding gowns. It may not have seemed like much, but it made history. Hers was the first bridal salon ever opened in a woman’s own home, a story told across the country in Women’s Wear Daily.

In 2004 Charlotte’s was sold to Walker’s Formal Wear. At that time revamping took place. New lines were brought into the store and the inventory updated. Charlotte’s relocated to the Copeland Avenue location in July 2007 after spending more than 50 years in the Rose Street location. A bowling alley was in the Copeland Avenue location before Charlotte’s.

In April 2009, a fire broke out. Gail force winds ripped roofing that tangled in a power line and then caught fire. It took firefighters five hours to put out the flames. All of the sold dresses in the back storage area were safe and remained untouched from smoke and fire. More renovations took place at this time to make Charlotte’s what it is today.

Charlotte’s customer base comes from the entire Wisconsin area along with surrounding states! Come to Charlotte’s to see why our store is becoming the fastest growing bridal and formal wear store in the Midwest.

35 Reviews for Charlotte's Bridal and Formal Wear

35 Charlotte's Bridal and Formal Wear Reviews

H
Haleigh

Getting married on 09/14/2019

Had a great experience with the consultant. Very fun and friendly. No pressure which is really nice! Read more Had a great experience with the consultant. Very fun and friendly. No pressure which is really nice!

Taylor
Taylor

Getting married on 09/07/2019

I loved coming here! Meagan was an amazing bridal consultant! She was so positive, helpful, and empowering! Meagan makes sure you are 100% happy with your dress and won't settle for less. Read more I loved coming here!!! Meagan was an amazing bridal consultant!!! She was so positive, helpful, and empowering! Meagan makes sure you are 100% happy with your dress and won't settle for less.

J
Jessica

Married on 05/18/2019

"That dress was made for you"

I had visited one other bridal salon prior to coming to Charlotte's where I found my wedding gown. The consultant was fabulous. She asked good questions to get us on the right track, and genuinely ... Read more cared about helping me find my dream dress. Because of my budget, my dress was purchased "off the rack," but the alterations needed were minor. I had multiple people at our wedding tell me "that dress was made for you." It was a wonderful experience, and I could not have imagined wearing another dress for our special day.