Cheryl Lofton & Associates

Washington, DC · View map · Visit website

About Cheryl Lofton & Associates

Cheryl Lofton & Associates is a premier full-service wedding tailoring company in Washington, DC. The company has been part of wedding industry since 1939, specializing in alterations and tailoring services for the entire wedding party. It provides unlimited fitting for the couples and 100% guaranteed satisfaction for every dress and attire that it touches.

Experience
Cheryl Lofton is a third generation tailor from a family of tailors. She began sewing at age 12 under her grandfather’s supervision, the late J.C. Lofton. He is a self-taught master tailor and the first African American to run a tailoring school in downtown Washington. His reputation of providing excellent tailoring and alteration services is kept alive by Cheryl today.

Cheryl Lofton & Associates offers dress and attire services including alterations and customization. They can work on bridal gowns, including plus-size dresses, as well as gowns for other formal events, and tuxedos.

44 Reviews for Cheryl Lofton & Associates

44 Cheryl Lofton & Associates Reviews

Shelagh
Featured
Shelagh

Married on 12/15/2018

Best tailor in DC

Cheryl Lofton and her team are seamstress queens. I created a custom dress that I THOUGHT fit, and realized through my fittings at Cherly Lofton, that we could make the dress look 3 times as good. My ... Read more dress had lace, sparkles, sleeves - all the difficult stuff, and the team handled all alterations with ease. Cheryl also helped me FINALLY find a jumpsuit that was not see-through -and my seamstress had to basically remake it because I have a very long torso. It fit like a dream after my fitting. Their prices are maybe 10% more than average in DC, but when you are getting something tailored, don’t you want it to be perfection? It’s worth the $5-10 extra dollars.

E
Eleanor

Married on 06/08/2019

Excellent alterations

Excellent alterations to my wedding dress - my feedback was listened to, my schedule accommodated, and my dress fit perfectly :) Read more Excellent alterations to my wedding dress - my feedback was listened to, my schedule accommodated, and my dress fit perfectly :)

A
Anna

Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing, affordable alterations on an expensive silk dress

I bought my wedding dress from a luxury boutique in Philadelphia that was going to do $1,000 of alterations free of charge with my purchase. I quickly realized it wouldn’t be possible to drive to PA ... Read more for every fitting leading up to my wedding, so panicked about who to trust my dress with. I called a few places recommended by friends, and most quoted $900-1000. Cheryl Lofton gave me a much more reasonable price. I was worried about trusting my delicate silk dress with someone I hadn’t used before, but the tailors here did amazing! They were super quick, but did great quality alterations so my dress fit perfectly (and I was even nitpicky about every last change needed). So glad to have found them. Will definitely use them for future alterations.