Christel Stuart

Del Valle, TX · View map · Visit website

About Christel Stuart

Dress Floofer. Groomsmen Wrangler. Storyteller.

I am an Austin-based wedding officiant ready and willing to share your story, whether it's an intimate elopement or 300 of your nearest and dearest! ​

You did it! You found me! I knew you would. You’ve found the love of your life… You’ve found your venue/florist/classical ukulele player/dove wrangler… NOW you need someone to MARRY YOU and here I am.

​Let me tell you a little about me. I left a 10 year career with AT&T to do what I do now. Officiating weddings has been the most fun, rewarding, exciting, and joyous “job” of my life. My first ceremony was my cousin’s wedding in Costa Rica in 2014 in front of a breathtaking waterfall. Our family was there… They cried, I cried. It was marvelous! ​

Cut to 5 years later and I have officiated hundreds of ceremonies in several states AND countries! I am happy to dress in costume, perform rituals like unity candles and knot-tying. I offer custom vows or read the ones you have prepared.

​When 2 people stand before me, they are filled with love and nerves and sometimes whiskey! I say some pretty words and ask some important questions and PRESTO-CHANGE-O they are MARRIED! So “changing lives” isn’t something I take lightly. Some people want a quick ceremony to “get it done” and some want the puffy marshmallow dress and the string quartet.

I respect all of those decisions. I want to complement your day. I want you and your guests to say, “That was a GREAT ceremony! She really captured the two of you and told your story beautifully!” ​

​I live in between Austin and Bastrop. I have lived in Texas almost my entire life. I am married to a terrific, patient, handsome man named Austin and have a stepdaughter, Riley, who impresses me daily with the young woman she is becoming. Austin left a 16+ year career with AT&T to pursue HIS dream, photography (his website is here if you want to check out his phenomenal work.) ​

Heck of a duo, right? We have a company where we offer officiating and photography, and photobooth services together. You can check us out at Hand Heart and Crown Weddings (ya know… in case you haven’t booked your photographer yet!)

​I would love to find out more about you and what your perfect wedding day looks like. I want to change your life and marry you to the love of your life in a field, under a tree, at an outdoor chapel, in a gorgeous venue, or even out of the country. My passport is current and I can always use more stamps in it!

95 Reviews for Christel Stuart

95 Christel Stuart Reviews

S
Featured
Shelby

Married on 09/22/2018

Out of all the wedding vendors to find, I think picking the right wedding officiant is the hardest. You want someone who listens, who ‘gets’ you and your partner, and who you feel you can trust with ... Read more your most intimate feelings. Christel was all of those things to us, and we knew quite immediately she would be an excellent fit! Christel is the perfect blend of professional and humorous. In our meetings, and even at our rehearsal, she brought a genuine lightheartedness to the room that made everyone feel comfortable. She was always prompt in answering our emails and flexible in creating a custom ceremony that would best represent us as a couple. Our ceremony was intimate and memorable. I will always be thankful for this one small thing she said at the beginning of our ceremony- “Let’s all take a deep breath”. Oh man, if we ever needed to take a deep breath it was that moment in time! Because of this small pause I remember my ceremony quite vividly, as it gave my heart and mind an instant to catch up with such an important moment. While the rest of that day was a blur, my wedding ceremony was not. So, thank you Christel for your creativity, your humor, your deep breath advising, and your awesome abilities at capturing a crowd! We couldn’t have picked a better person to officiate our ceremony and felt that you represented our love exquisitely. Book her, Book her, Book her! You will be so thankful you did!

Cynthia
Cynthia Tobon

Married on 05/17/2019

The Wildflower Barn

I can’t tell you how amazing Christel was. She was quick to respond to all of our questions and concerns. We got lucky to have found her so last minute. The day of the wedding she was very flexible ... Read more and accommodating. I loved her personality and charisma. She was very helpful the day of our wedding with last minute details. Honestly she was amazing!!!!! -Cynthia

A
Ashley

Married on 04/13/2019

Christel helped us tell our story with ease and grace!

Christel was amazing! We wanted a non traditional, non religious wedding that truly reflected the love that we have for one another and she accomplished that with ease. She also added a touch of ... Read more comedy and Harry Potter references when they were called for. We got nothing but good feedback from guests and she even matched the colors for pictures! She wasn't afraid to change our ceremony last minute in order to make it the best it could be and for that we will be forever grateful! Truly very happy that we chose Christel to tell our story!