Claire Marie Stam, Harpist

Greenville, SC · View map

About Claire Marie Stam, Harpist

Claire Marie Stam is a Greenville native and 2008 graduate of Furman University. She competed in the Miss South Carolina 2007 pageant as Miss Travelers Rest, where she was chosen as a non-finalist talent award winner and the Children's Miracle Network Miracle Maker. Claire served as Principal Harpist of the Carolina Youth Symphony for 8 years, with whom she performed at Carnegie Hall in 2001 and 2004, and has received multiple music scholarships, including the Crescent Music Club Lyndall Kane Scholarship. She has performed as a solo artist at the Piccolo Spoleto Festival in Charleston, SC and has been a featured artist in the national magazine publication, "Harp Column". Claire is an active member of the American Harp Society and has performed in several harp ensembles, including the Symposium for Young Harpists at the South Carolina Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities. Claire began learning the harp at age 8 and has been playing professionally in South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia for 20 years.

23 Reviews for Claire Marie Stam, Harpist

23 Claire Marie Stam, Harpist Reviews

S
Sarah

Married on 10/28/2017

Claire has such a talent! We chose mostly contemporary/modern hits for our ceremony and it sounded wonderful on the harp! She was professional and very easy to work with, she even learned a new song ... Read more for my processional! I would recommend her 100%!

J
Julie

Married on 10/14/2017

I don't even know where to begin because Claire's amazingness is beyond words... So first of all she is insanely talented, creative, and excited about making your wedding music dreams come true! We ... Read more had a movie theme going for our wedding. The groomsmen had super hero shirts under their suits and matching cuff links. I told her which characters each guy was wearing and she came up with a melody recognizable for the guests and the guys because they had no idea I was planning this, the shirts and cuff links were a gift to them before the wedding. But she also made them short enough that each guy could walk down the aisle with their specific theme song. It was awesome and hilarious! I told her I wanted to do some songs from a variety of movies and not just be all Disney and super heros. She came up with a beautiful medley of songs that included some of my family members' favorite movies and they were both surprised and touched. She met with me and played snippets of a ton of different songs for me to add to the list or not. She had never played a lot of the songs I was requesting yet within 3 seconds of me naming one, she was playing it on the harp with ease. How do you make spiderman and batman sound good on the harp? Hire Claire! Her music was the perfect touch for our heavenly venue and she literally made me feel like a princess. Our exit song was Kiss the Girl from the Little Mermaid and it was everything I hoped it would be. Claire was encouraging and just as excited, if not more so, as me about making our different music possible. She messaged me tons of ideas, sound bites of what she had come up with, and was beyond professional in all ways. She didn't need my help at all to make sure she was at the venue ahead of time and had everything she needed to be set up. I am SO blessed that she said yes when I asked her to play at our big day! Hire her now if you want the perfect wedding musician!

L
Lauren

Married on 10/07/2017

I had always hoped to have a harpist at my wedding, and it was such a gift to have someone with Claire's talent play on our special day. She was always kind, extremely responsive and super helpful ... Read more throughout the entire wedding planning process. Claire was open to any genre of music we desired for our day, and she made sure to ask if we had any special songs we might want her to learn. Walking down the aisle with my father while Claire played the harp so beautifully has become one of my most dear and cherished memories. Such a special moment that I will forever treasure. Thank you, Claire, for everything!! I would, without a doubt, recommend her to anyone looking for unique and gorgeous wedding music for their big day.