Coastal Cakes

Saco, ME · View map

About Coastal Cakes

Coastal Cakes is located in beautiful Saco, Maine and is owned and operated by professional Chef Vicki Pettinger. Vicki has created cakes for friends and family for many years and she takes pride in focusing on beautiful custom cakes for any occasion.

Coastal Cakes strives to provide a unique and truly custom cake to each customer. With an open mind to experiment with flavor combinations and try new things in the world of cake decorating you can be assured your cake will be made just for you. All cakes are baked and served fresh for each order your cake will never be frozen. Vicki uses top quality fresh ingredients for all of her cakes and fillings. Vicki, in an inspected and licensed home kitchen in Saco makes each cake personally. Read more...

3 Reviews for Coastal Cakes

3 Coastal Cakes Reviews

B
Becca

Married on 08/10/2013

Planning a wedding from 1,400 miles away proved very stressful at times but one detail I didn\'t fret about was my dream nautical-themed wedding cake that I hired Vicki to create. I had never met her ... Read more and only found her through some Internet searches. We connected through email and after tasting her cake there was no doubt hat she was the right pick. Vicki was an absolute delight to work with as she was very flexible and open to suggestions. The cake arrived at the reception venue as planned and when I snuck over to take a peek at it I was thrilled with the result! The design was perfect. Our guests were thrilled as well as everyone wanted pictures of it and then, of course, raved about the taste: just the right amount of sweetness and SO moist! Thanks for the wonderful experience, Vicki!

D
Dena

Married on 10/09/2010

We ordered cupcakes plus a 6-inch round cake on top for our wedding. The flavor was wonderful (Irish car-bomb and blueberry buttermilk w/ lemon frosting) and Vicki did a great job with the decorations ... Read more decorations to match our theme! Vicki was very pleasant to work with and responsive even the day after the wedding when our dog ate the top layer - which was mostly chocolate. The dog is okay and Vicki has even offered to make us a new top layer. This is definitely a sign of an A+ vendor!

I
Lauren

Married on 06/06/2010

I worked with Vicki for my recent wedding in Kennebunkport Maine. Her cake was quite literally the best wedding cake I have ever had - so fresh and moist, not dry and overly sweet at all. The ... Read more blueberry buttermilk cake was very unique and all my guests commented on how tasty the cake was. We even caught members of the wedding party having 3 or 4 pieces! It was also beautifully decorated with such originality and yet simplicity. Not overdone at all, but still very special and unique. Also in the world of weddings it was nice to work with someone who takes the time to talk with you about your vision and does not charge an arm and a leg to do so. I would work with Coastal Cakes again in a heart beat and do not think there is a better baker out there for weddings in the area. Quality meets artistic gift and for a reasonable price! Thanks Vicki!

Coastal Cakes FAQ