Colonial Jewelers

Frederick, MD · View map · Visit website

About Colonial Jewelers

Colonial Jewelers fourth generation jeweler located in historic downtown Frederick, Maryland that services couples and weddings throughout the local area. The company has been part of the wedding industry since 1920 and specializes in engagement rings, wedding bands, wedding rings, diamond engagement rings, platinum, white gold, yellow gold, rose gold, diamonds, gemstones and pearls.

Designs Offered
Colonial Jewelers offers high-quality service options to each couple. They have the area’s largest selection of diamonds, engagement rings, wedding bands and other fine jewelry. Repairs and appraisals are performed on-site. Couples can expect competitive prices and excellent value as well as well-qualified gemologists and highly-trained sales professionals. Designs offered include:

• Citizen

F
Featured
Frankie

Married on 05/15/2016

To be honest, the thought of purchasing an engagement ring and wedding bands was very intimidating. I didn't want a generic ring from a chain jeweler. I also had a limited budget as a recent college ... Read more graduate. I decided to try Colonial Jewelers simply because my fiancé and I love walking through downtown Frederick where it's located. I visited by myself and immediately felt welcome into a personable yet professional environment. I clearly wasn't experienced in the task of ring shopping, but Kimberly taught me all about diamonds and helped me feel more comfortable and confident. I literally made a Pinterest account to sneak onto my fiancé's page and find pictures of rings she liked. I liked the band of one ring, but I wanted a different shape and size diamond to match my fiancé's interest and my budget. They were able to customize a ring and have it to me within weeks when I planned on proposing. They also provided me with a payment plan within my budget. The engagement ring turned out wonderfully, even better than I had imagined. They were very timely as well. Later on in our engagement, my fiancé and I found a small diamond missing from the band. I contacted Kimberly immediately and they replaced it at no cost. What a relief! I visited later with my fiancé to purchase wedding bands and they welcomed her like they did me. Needless to say, Colonial Jewelers was a great option. I wouldn't go back and change my mind if I could. Highly, highly recommended.

K
Katie

Married on 11/03/2018

We purchased our wedding bands from Colonial and are very please with the process and rings. They have a wonderful selection. Thank you so much! Read more We purchased our wedding bands from Colonial and are very please with the process and rings. They have a wonderful selection. Thank you so much!

J
Joe

Married on 08/19/2017

I am very pleased with my overall Colonial Jewelers experience. I started and ended my engagement ring shopping with them! My fiancé and I first started our initial engagement ring shopping with ... Read more Colonial Jewelers. Hilary was the employee who started showing us initial styles for both stones and bands and did a sizing for my fiancé. Once I had a strong idea of a style in mind, I went back to Colonial Jewelers and Hilary where she taught me everything and more I needed to know about stones, bands, purchasing, etc. I started to shop around at other jewelry stores to find the best price on what ring I wanted, but I ultimately came back to Colonial because of how extremely helpful they had been. Hilary and I sat down 4 or 5 times looking at individual stones to pair with the band I selected. Once I had the perfect combination (I custom ordered the ring ... another perk of selecting Colonial Jewelers!), I negotiated a price with the store manager and we settled on a more than fair price for the ring. It was very nice not having to haggle with the store like you would with other jewelers. They understood what I wanted and made an offer in my suggested price range. Both my fiancé and I will be back to Colonial to purchase our wedding bands! It was more than great experience, it was the perfect example of how to get and keep customers coming back to a store. We will definitely be back and will 100% ask for Hilary to assist us!