Connecticut Wedding Photojournalism by Mike Ross

Hamden, CT · View map

About Connecticut Wedding Photojournalism by Mike Ross

Since you are visiting my website chances are you just got engaged, renewing vows or celebrating something special, so CHEERS TO YOU! So who is Mike Ross…

My fascination with photography began when I was a child following and imitating my father who was a very talented photographer whose images graced the pages of fashion magazines and several prestigious medical journals. While being the son of a photographer sounds challenging it had it perks as we traveled around the States, met and lived among many people from diverse cultures and traditions. Determined to figure out my “life’s calling” in 1992 I decided to combine my love of travel, design and photography and head to the open seas as a Chief photographer on the Cunard Cruise Line / Majesty Cruise Lines. I hopped from cruise lines to cruise lines to develop my people skills and sharpen my eye. I had the great opportunity to be in the Middle East, Mediterranean, Europe, Africa and even the Caribbean on any given day. I was in amazement of the many cultures and how I truly captured photojournalism and documented the places of my travels but one day after another busy day and night I figured there must be more to life then only ship life. So I packed my bags and headed back to the States where I was a staff photojournalist for several CT and NY daily papers before finally landing as a freelance wedding, commercial, editorial, fashion and portraiture photojournalist.

After 17 years in this industry, one thing that still rings true is that the more challenging the day is, it is still full of excitement that will unleash my photojournalistic skills in very creative and unlimited way. When photographing your event, I will treat your wedding story just like an important journalistic assignment, blending into your surroundings, moving and thinking quickly and in a non-obtrusive manner, and capturing great dynamic artistic photos throughout your wedding celebration. While 80% of my images are photojournalistic in style, the other 20% round out your photo selection with beautiful creative portraiture, formal family group shots and any other shots you request.

Most of my client’s later comment that they didn’t realize they had been photographed, marveling at the thoroughness of the coverage of the events of the day! Really..I don’t wear roller-skates and I am not Houdini..I swear. I have come a long way since being a staff photographer for cruise ships and have had the great fortune to be noticed and featured in numerous publications including New York Times, USA Today, Connecticut Magazine, and American Profile. My recent work can be seen in the January 2009 Connecticut Bride issue. Professionally, I am a member of the following photography organizations, WPJA, ASMP, EP, APA and IAAP.

Choosing a photographer will be a major part of your wedding plans. I believe in letting the event happen naturally and simply documenting the day. In commissioning me as your photojournalist, you can be assured that my manner, personality and big smile will put you and your guests at ease. No one will follow you through the most private moments of your wedding day more closely and respectfully than a great photojournalist.

Best Wishes and Good Luck in your search,

11 Connecticut Wedding Photojournalism by Mike Ross Reviews

M
Melissa

Married on 08/02/2013

Mike is so great to work with. He made me as a bride comfortable and stress-free. Amazingly creative with his photography. Great packages and pricing options too! Read more Mike is so great to work with. He made me as a bride comfortable and stress-free. Amazingly creative with his photography. Great packages and pricing options too!

J
Jenna

Married on 06/15/2013

Mike Ross was an incredible vendor to work with throughout our wedding planning process. He was efficient, responsive, sweet and very easy going. The day of our wedding, from beginning to end, he ... Read more captured every moment beautifully. He made himself unobtrusive and still produced phenomenal work! I would recommend him to any future bride and groom. A pure joy to work with!

M
Mary

Married on 10/12/2012

Mike might be one of my favorite people on the planet. My husband and I did our e-photo shoot with Mike last September in a local park and at the beach, the pictures were beautiful and Mike was ... Read more nothing but professional and efficient. He also has a great sense of humor. Mike was great when I asked if my 90# Doberman could be a part of the pictures, he loved every minute of it. From that experience I knew my wedding pictures would be great. Mike answered all our questions, big or small. Made sure I knew exactly what to expect day of and took all of the pictures I had asked him to do. All of my guests commented on how quick he was and how he knew exactly where to be for every shot. Mike was amazing, his packages are actually affordable, and I just cant wait to see my pictures!! Thank you Mike!!