Contemporary Catering

Encino, CA · View map · Visit website

About Contemporary Catering

Contemporary Catering is a wedding catering company based in Encino, California. Nathaniel Neubauer, Contemporary Catering's executive chef and owner, first learned to cook at the age of three. After years of managing front of the house and kitchen teams at a successful restaurant group in Santa Barbara, Nathaniel decided to establish his very own catering business. Contemporary Catering specializes in custom event creation for weddings in the Los Angeles area.

At Contemporary Catering, the talented team of event specialists can assist you with menu design for your wedding day, all of your rental needs, location selection and event design. Couples have the ability to select from a number of catering services for their cocktail hour or wedding reception. Those services include the following:

• Buffet
  • Family style
  • French service
  • Hors d'oeuvres
  • Plated
  • Stations

Cuisine
Contemporary Catering prepares cuisine styles from all over the world during the events they cater. They can also create meals that are tailored to fit the dietary and nutritional needs of couples and their guests on their special day.

21 Reviews for Contemporary Catering

21 Contemporary Catering Reviews

Lauren
Featured
Lauren Rote

Married on 11/03/2018

Best caterer ever

I can't enough good things about Contemporary Catering. My guests were SHOCKED by the professionalism and service. We had 160 guests, and it was important to us to go with a caterer of high quality ... Read more food as well as service. Contemporary comes with MORE staff than most other catering companies. This makes a HUGE difference to your guests overall experience. It honestly felt like we were at a 5 star restaurant at our own wedding. The food was AMAZING, the bartenders were super fun, and no one ever had to ask for more water or wine, because a server was already there filling up their glass. Schedule a tasting with them ASAP (they book way in advance). You won't regret it. THANK YOU Contemporary!!

V
Vanessa

Married on 06/16/2018

Contemporary Catering satisfied not only our tastebuds, but our budget, high standards of service, and desire for culinary creativity on our wedding day. Contemporary Catering recently catered our ... Read more wedding at Cielo Farms as they were the venue’s required vendor. As Catering is a huge part of a wedding, this requirement helped us narrow down our options & we all immediately felt a weight off of our shoulders as soon as we met the staff. Rob and the whole team were incredible off the bat. They continued to deliver throughout the entire YEAR-LONG process! Rob & Elise worked with us to stay on track with our budget, and accommodate our dietary requests/restrictions. From bartenders to cooks to captains, the entire staff was professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. The service was far beyond expectations. I didn’t hear a single complaint, which is hard to achieve when you are feeding 175 people! In fact we received several compliments that it was the best food our guests hav ever had at a wedding. The presentation of the appetizers and buffet was simply breathtaking. It was the dinner party of our lives, and I’m so glad we were in the hands of Contemporary Catering!

N
Natalie

Married on 02/18/2017

The people at Contemporary Catering really went above and beyond for us. Food is SUPER important to both my husband and myself. Having some restaurant experience myself, service is just as important ... Read more as the food itself. They truly excelled at both! We wanted our guests to feel special and well cared for on our wedding day and Contemporary Catering was the best partner in making that happen. Every single step from initial phone conversations to developing our menu to choosing rentals felt so custom and personal. I never felt like just a name or a dollar sign. They also worked with us to keep things really close to our budget while still getting the most for our money. We received endless compliments from our guests and other vendors about how awesome Contemporary was to work with and how wonderful the food was. My family and I felt taken care of all day and that meant so much to us. Basically they treated us and our guests like royalty, made really unique/amazing food, were great partners to our other vendors and made the entire planning process so much easier. We cannot recommend them highly enough! One last thought: You get what you pay for. I almost went with another company that was only slightly cheaper. After hearing a couple negative stories about them, we decided that we'd rather pay a little more and get exactly what we expect. And actually we got even more. It was the best money we spent, hands down and I'm glad my instinct led me to hire them. You will absolutely not be disappointed if you choose them to partner with in making your day amazing!!