Corey Mendez Photography

Leander, TX · View map

About Corey Mendez Photography

My name is Corey Mendez. I'm an Austin based photographer. Growing up it was my dream to make photography not only a hobby, but a career as well. I was drawn to the industry because of my desire to tell stories through photography; I've found that weddings are the perfect venue for this.

I offer wedding, music, and event photography with a focus on a documentary style. I try to tell a story, while being as unobtrusive as possible. Letting events unfold rather than directing. My inspiration comes from street photographers and photojournalist such as Mary Ellen Mark, Jill Freedman, and Bruce Gilden.

7 Reviews for Corey Mendez Photography

7 Corey Mendez Photography Reviews

G
Gemma

Married on 03/22/2016

Corey the kick ass photographer! Corey snapped our secret elopement in Austin (March 2016). We are travel bloggers on a long term travel trip so very restricted in our budget so did a call out on ... Read more Craigslist and were so lucky to get Corey. He has a great eye and is flexible and creative. We shared a Pinterest board for ideas and I loved that he was just as excited as we were about the ideas for shots. We met at Lou Neff Point, Ladybird Lake (spectacular location, and free!) where he did his magic with two cameras which had WiFi so he could message me one straight away! Corey then drove us to Capitol Hill for graffiti shots, his direction was appreciated, and then Congress for more shots. That's not it, Corey then met us at Mohawk in the evening as we attended a gig, he took photos of us at the gig, he really goes all the way! Corey is quirky, has excellent communication, and is a really sweet guy. I highly recommend using his talent for your wedding, and other events!

M
Margaret

Married on 10/23/2015

What a gem Corey is. He truly has a gift. I wanted a photographer that could capture the celebratory spirit of our wedding, knowing that I have a wild group of friends and a large, loving family.I ... Read more wanted shots that were more artistic than posed, shots that captured quiet moments and that had layers and depth. I wanted a real, documentary-style photographer. My mom wanted someone who wouldn't boss us around and make us take cheesy pictures. Corey met all of those wants! I had so many friends and family members that said some variation of, "He was so great! He was all over the place taking pictures, and you hardly noticed him!" When I started my search, I cast a wide net: I posted flyers (because I'm from the 90's), I posted ads, I emailed people. I screened over 50 photographers, and when I saw Corey's images, I knew I had found what I was seeking. But you can see this as clearly as I did. What you can't see is that Corey is awesome to work with. He's pleasant and professional: you email him; he emails you back. He asks what you want and does what you ask. Your photos are given to you on an incredibly easy-to-use website, and they are just beautiful --and poignant, and hilarious, and everything you had hoped for. I feel so lucky that I found him, and if are on his site, you should feel lucky too!

E
Elizabeth

Married on 09/04/2015

I HIGHLY recommend Corey to anyone looking for a fantastic photographer. Corey was friendly, approachable, and most importantly he took beautiful photos. He was all around the wedding and reception ... Read more getting as many different angles and shots as he could. Communication with Corey was exceptionally easy...he even drove a considerable distance just to meet with me in person. I will definitely use him again in the future.