Cotton Gin No. 116

Brookshire, Texas · View map

About Cotton Gin No. 116

Cotton Gin No. 116 is a charming venue located in Brookshire, Texas that was originally established in 1936. This exquisite event space has a historic and chic vibe that is perfect for your wedding, rehearsal dinner or other special event in your life.

Facilities and Capacity

This 11,000-square-foot cotton gin features reclaimed cypress wood paneling, floors and custom cabinetry, and dramatic ceiling trusses. You will have exclusive use of the Seed House and Gallery for your event, which features an antique Lummus cotton gin dating back to 1913. The reception space also has a live edge wood bar and a custom designed kitchen for your caterer’s use. Couples can have an outdoor ceremony in the courtyard, which comes with a decorative iron-framed pavilion, a food preparation area, an illuminated water fountain with multicolored lights visible after dark and vine-covered archways that can be used for taking photos.

Cotton Gin No. 116 has a completely unique and elegant atmosphere that will stand out to your guests, providing the ideal space for a wedding, rehearsal dinner, elegant gathering or reception. Their responsive and helpful venue management team will assist with the planning and set up of your event, ensuring that everything runs smoothly.

Whether you are a do-it-yourself (DIY) bride or destined for an inclusive package, Cotton Gin No. 116 can help you every step of the way!

DIY services and rentals include:

• 8-hour rental
  • 15 x 8 foot projection screen with state-of-the-art projector
  • Tables and chairs with basic linens
  • Audio capabilities
  • Private parking
  • Bridal suite
  • Children’s outdoor play space

Inclusive Package provides everything seen with the DIY services, as well as the following:

• Catering, including black-tie wait staff
  • Event coordinator
  • Centerpieces/decor
  • Fine china plates, flatware and crystal glassware
  • Linen napkins
  • Specially decorated head table, cake table and gift table
  • Complete set up, break down and clean up.

History

This 80-year-old cotton gin was originally known as Donigan’s Gin, bearing a special place in the hearts of many locals. The 1930's registry of Texas Gins and Ginners categorized all the gins throughout the country, giving this one the unique identifier of 116. Owners and visionaries Michael and Janet Montgomery purchased the cotton gin in 1998, transforming it into the headquarters for their business, WEST Engineering Services. They teamed up with a landscape architectural company to develop an inviting setting that brings back the vintage feel of the cotton gin.

4 Reviews for Cotton Gin No. 116

4 Cotton Gin No. 116 Reviews

James
James Bevan

Getting married on 01/18/2020

Excellent, Highly Reccomended

The experience at Cotton Gin 116 was wonderful, they answered all of our questions (which we had a lot of) and were extremely accommodating to our desires. The interior design and work that went into ... Read more restoring the Cotton Gin is astounding. The venue just opened and I highly recommend checking them out!

L
Lissa

Married on 01/25/2019

Where to start.... There are so many wonderful amazing things to say about this place and the people that run it I don’t even know where to start... Let me first say that I was hooked on this place ... Read more from the moment I walked in the door and saw such originality and beauty I knew I didn’t need to look any where else...we had my sons and his now wife’s rehearsal dinner here at The Cotton Gin No.116 and it was hands down the most beautiful event of any kind I’ve ever seen!!!! Working with Kim Montgomery was such a delight...she literally either had everything I needed or got what ever I needed and the entire event went perfectly smoothly without a single hitch and it was the first event for this newly rebuilt Cotton Gin!!! I honestly can’t say enough good about this place and it’s unique beauty...for us there was a special connection on top of this unique venue which is the fact that I come from a family of cotton growers and my son whose rehearsal dinner was here is in the produce business now and has his own cotton fields and pockets and ginning equipment so that was just another plus for us but the attraction to this place went way beyond that....I would reccomend this place to anyone for any occasion!!!! A big thank you to Kim Montgomery for making this special occasion for us a perfect night!!! ❤️

H
Hanna

Married on 08/04/2018

The Cotton Gin was the best location for our rehearsal dinner! Not only is it beautiful with the most unique atmosphere inside and out but the staff is unbelievably kind, flexible, and helpful! We ... Read more loved every second of it! Would recommend to anyone we know!