Courtney Aaron | Photographer

South Lake Tahoe, CA · View map

About Courtney Aaron | Photographer

Where old souls with big hearts can be at ease having their most meaningful moments captured naturally.

My goal with all the couples I work with, and my brand for that matter, is high end images with a laid back experience

I don’t want to be a photographer you hire. Photographers just take pretty pictures. I want to be your friend. Friends relate, they laugh together, and share stories. I want to capture your stories.

I approach each wedding as if it were my own. I want to capture all the people you’ve chosen to share this day with and all the little things you’ve spent months preparing. Every part of that day is equally important. I want to catch the deep breath you take as your slip into your wedding gown or tighten your necktie, the passion in your embrace as you first lay eyes on each other, the tears that fill eyes as they watch you recite your vows, your grandma who cuts loose on the dancefloor to Vanilla Ice, and everyone and everything in between.

I do what I do because of the warmth I feel capturing the love between others and letting them see the beauty they possess through the art of photography. I adore love. It needs to be shared more often. It makes the world better and I want my images to make your world better.

29 Reviews for Courtney Aaron | Photographer

29 Courtney Aaron | Photographer Reviews

S
Shawn Weinke

Married on 10/14/2018

Courtney is truly amazing - WOW!

Courtney was incredible. My now husband and I spoke with a few photographers and from our first conversation with Courtney, we knew she would capture our day perfectly. We met with her via Skype and ... Read more talked through our perfect day and she was so so helpful - before we had even signed anything with her! She made us feel comfortable and excited and she was so fun! We immediately said yes! Once we got the ball rolling with wedding planning, Courtney surprised us with a goodie box (so unexpected!). It’s the little touches like those that made us feel like we were important to her. Leading up to the wedding, she was so helpful with our timeline and determining who needed to be where, when. We didn’t have a planner, so we were nervous that we were missing something along the way and Courtney kindly helped us through anything we needed with the timeline. For the day of, I don’t even know where to begin. Courtney brought us the sweetest gift to celebrate our big day and immediately started capturing all the special moments. From the girls’ makeup to the details to all the little moments with my bridesmaids. It was perfection. We added a second photographer, Eden who captured everything for my husband as they were getting ready. She was also AMAZING! (I am convinced Courtney only knows incredibly talented people). She made sure we were on track with our timeline and that she was there to capture every moment. We had even included the photo booth and all I can say is WOW! If those images were the only images from our wedding - I think we still would’ve been happy! Even those were amazing. She snuck us out onto the dock at sunset to capture a few photos of my husband and I during dinner (and when I say she snuck us out she went and found someone to get the keys to open the dock gates for us - again, she went above and beyond!). There were so many great photos of our family and friends enjoying our big day. I had a handful of friends who were married at the wedding and they all came up to me during (and when we got all our photos) and told us they wanted to do their weddings over again and have Courtney capture it. She was that good. Anyone would be lucky to have her capture their big day We requested a Sneak Peak of a few photos to create a thank you card - Courtney didn’t even hesitate in saying yes and rather than sending just five or so photos she sent nearly 100! Just as she did at all the other moments she went above and beyond. We received all of our photos sooner than anticipated from Courtney (which led to a long weekend, looking over every single photo together) and she captured moments I couldn’t even remember happening. They were all perfection. Words cannot express how thrilled we are that Courtney was there for our special day. Nobody else could’ve captured the moments she did and in the way she did it. We had portraits, candids, beautiful scenery shots. Everything we had wanted and more! She also sent us Zip drives AND nearly a hundred printed photos (which we were NOT expecting). Seriously, the little touches of hers were truly the icing on top of our already perfect wedding cake.

T
Trisha

Married on 10/13/2018

Courtney is a GEM. Her professionalism and artistic talent truly cannot be beat. My fiance and I are so pleased from the results of our engagement shoot! We were so excited to tell our friends and ... Read more family about the engagement shoot and share our pictures. She is prompt in responsiveness, punctual, funny, personable, and truly a talented artist. We are more than confident that choosing Courtney to capture our nuptials was the best decision we've made. I'm highly "picky" when it comes to taking my photo and she surpassed all of my expectations (very high - ha!). Our home will be full of framed pictures from our engagement shoot!

J
Jenifer

Married on 07/23/2018

What can we say - they are AMAZING! We can't thank you enough. Traveling overseas to a destination wedding is stressful enough, add to that the stress of not having the chance to look at the location ... Read more before our wedding day! But you went above and beyond in choosing the perfect spot for us and it was beyond magical!! You've captured our personalities and the tender moments we had so perfectly, just like we remember them and some of the moments and expressions have been preserved so beautifully - they are so special to us and are going to be treasured by us to provide many many years of happy memories. We are incapable of watching it without crying (and we've watched it plenty of times). The colours and the warmth of the shots is just incredible! Can’t say enough times how grateful we are to you for making our day so special and going above and beyond for us!! We have been posting the shots online one by one and everyone is going Gaga over the amazing shots. We really did have the most perfect day all thanks to you.