Crissey Farm

Great Barrington, MA · View map · Visit website

About Crissey Farm

Crissey Farm, a banquet hall in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, hosts weddings for couples in the Albany, New York area. This classic venue has a local brewmaster who crafts the seasonal beers on tap, and the decor gives the space a comfortable country atmosphere. This venue sits right off of the Housatonic River, just under an hour’s drive from Albany.

Facilities and Capacity
Up to 200 guests can join couples for their wedding at Crissey Farm. With a large interior banquet hall, couples have the option to host their wedding indoors or outside on the flat green lawn in front of a romantic screened pergola that's decorated with flowers and ivy. Inside, couples can wed in front of the stone fireplace. The indoor space also accommodates receptions, where exposed wooden beams and vaulted ceilings give the room a simplistic and rustic vibe.

The wedding coordinator at Crissey Farm helps couples with all their wedding planning needs. The venue offers the following services on their big day:

• All-inclusive packages
  • Shuttle
  • Tables
  • Wireless Internet

Cuisine
The chef at the venue, Odille Carpenter, incorporates fresh, in-season ingredients to create a variety of American, French, Italian, local, Mediterranean, Mexican and southern dishes. She can also cater to dietary needs such as gluten free, lactose free, no pork, nut free, organic, vegan and vegetarian requests. The cuisine can be served in the following styles:

• Buffet
  • Plated
  • Servers
  • Stations

Other Services
Odille Carpenter can put her baking skills to use to create custom wedding cakes. With consultations, custom designs, setup, cake cutters and cake stands, couples can be sure that the centerpiece of their desserts is taken care of. Cakes can be tailored to meet any dietary needs. In addition to cakes, the chef can also provide the following desserts:

• Cookies

Featured
Francesca

Married on 09/18/2018

Perfect Berkshire Wedding - Best Wedding Decision

We LOVE Crissey Farm! From the second we reserved our spot with Crissey Farm we knew it was the right decision. Any questions we had were answered almost immediately. Any concerns or visions we had ... Read more had for the big day, Chelsea and Gary made it happen. Crissey Farm was by far the best choice for quality as well as VALUE! Anything we dreamed they could do it, (including homemade cannolis as one of our desserts)! We also asked Chelsea to provide welcome refreshments for our guests like apple cider. Not something they usually do, but they happily accommodated us. Our food was absolutely PHENOMENAL! It was so hard to choose there were so many options!! Our guests loved the crab cakes and the unique selection of salsas and guacamole! Everyone loved the Steam ship Roast and I still have dreams about it! Watching that GIANT roast get wheeled out was a sincere highlight of the evening! We loved it all and actually found time to eat thanks to Chelsea and Gary’s perfect planning. There were so many beautiful spots for photos and our first look!! Our pictures came out so beautiful we could not have been happier! We were also able to use the upstairs bridal suite to hang out, get ready, and stay cool on a hot Fall day. The room was gorgeous and Chelsea made sure we had everything we needed… all day long. She also made sure all the wedding day decorations (I did a lot of DIY) were in the perfect place and exactly how I hoped they’d be. Everywhere I looked was like a dream realized! Chelsea made me feel like I had absolutely Nothing to worry about which is exactly how you want to feel on your wedding day. One of the coolest parts of the day… was knowing after the wedding was over, all our friends could enjoy a nice deli sandwich and delicious beers in the Barrington Brewery (RIGHT next door) for a post wedding after party. We had the entire upstairs to hang out play pool and listen to some awesome music. It was a such a blast and a PERFECT way to end the night! SIDE NOTE: Somewhere in the middle of the dancing, Chelsea found me. She told me a couple who was supposed to be married (on the same day) was in the bar. They evacuated North Carolina because of the hurricane. She asked if they could have a dance? She knew I was a romantic person and that I would of course say yes! That couple… got to have their first dance after all. If anyone KNOWS who this couple is. (I will post a photo!) please let Chelsea and Gary at Crissey Farm know so we can send them the picture! It was such a magical moment and all of our guests were blown away! Thank you again Crissey Farm (Gary and Chelsea!) This review is the least I could do to express just how wonderful working with you has been! Crissey Farm is the best option for a beautifully scenic yet intimate wedding in the Berkshires. I recommend 118%.. A+++. Best decision we’ve ever made!!!

W
William Cate

Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing hosts

Chelsea and Gary are amazing hosts. Our daughters wedding, this past weekend, was herald as a fantastic event be every guest. Their planning and organization skills made the whole weekend run smoothly ... Read more smoothly and professionally. The food is wonderfully prepared, seasoned well and plentiful. Appetizers included delicious grilled vegetables, great assortment of cheeses and passed horsedouvers. The prime rib, cooked in a variety of donenesses for every taste. Chicken marsala, flavorful and tender. Vegetable lasagna with a white sauce and vegetarian rice for our family with dietary requirements. Wedding cake was delicious and they include a Viennese table. Nice outdoor space for the ceremony, great indoor space for dancing and reception.

J
Jenna Martone

Married on 10/27/2018

October 27, 2018

Chelsea, Gary & the rest of the Crissey Farm team... I’m honestly not sure where to even start. I’ve been holding off on writing this review mainly because I keep hoping my wedding really isn’t over. ... Read more over. I still remember our search for the perfect venue, going to every single “barn” wedding venue in the area, and even out of the area, and not falling in love with a single one. When I came across Crissey Farm online, I started reading nothing but amazing reviews. I said to Anthony we need to go , even to just LOOK. Well, we did more than just look.. from the warm welcome from both Chelsea & Gary, to the hot tea/coffee they offered us while giving us every single detail we would possibly need, to treating us to lunch after. Just wow, talk about going above and beyond. And talk about the kindest, seeetest people EVER! We instantly fell in love with the venue .. it was perfect size, perfect atmosphere, SO intament & cozy. It was just everything we dreamed of. It took us ten minutes to sit down & decide that this is where we wanted to get married.. yep, we booked our wedding THAT DAY. The entire process was so easy, Chelsea and Gary are (in my eyes) the best in the business. They made everything so smooth and easy on us. I hear and still hear so many brides ask me “are you happy it’s over?” Truth is, no.. no I’m not happy at all. Planning our wedding could not have come easier. It was the best year of our entire lives. They made every one of my crazy dreams come true... like bringing in a wall, yes a wall for my back drop.. to allowing me to hang a 7.5 foot chandelier over our dance floor. Their accommodation is unlike any other. Gary even drove the wedding party in the shuttle to The Mount for us to take our first look photos & bridal party photos prior to the wedding. In miserable weather may I add! Talk about miserable weather, brides.. we all dream to have the perfect weather on our wedding day, well I’ll tell you- it rained & was freezing on my day. Chelsea and Gary were so amazing at easing our minds and accommodating at doing everything inside. I am actually happy it rained, because it turned out to be amazing in front of the fire place! We had the option of renting the shuttle for after the wedding.. best choice ever! After the wedding, the brewery stays open for guests until 1-2 am! It was amazing to be able to go next door & continue hanging with our guests after the wedding. Our shuttle driver even took us to mcdonalds - haha! So much fun. Our wedding day was hands down, the best day EVER.. a month later I’m constantly getting comments from my guests saying it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to , that the food was incredible, the staff was amazing, and the list goes on. Chelsea made the entire day go so smooth and was right by our sides if we needed anything at all. I could seriously write a book on our experience. To say I’m sad it’s over is truly an understatement. I relive our wedding in my head daily.. and truly hope every bride can feel the same way when it comes to their big day. We can’t thank the entire team at Crissey Farm enough for all they offer & do for their bride, groom, family & guests. I will recommend this venue to every single person I know. Can you tell I’m having the wedding blues?! Much love, Jenna & Anthony Martone