Curtiss Mansion

Miami, FL · View map · Visit website

About Curtiss Mansion

Curtiss Mansion is a historic wedding venue and hidden gem in the heart of Miami, Florida. Built in 1925, Curtiss Mansion is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and has been recently renovated and restored to its original splendor. With unique architectural details and historic charm, the mansion is a gorgeous setting for weddings, commitment ceremonies and other celebrations. Centrally located in beautiful Miami Springs, the mansion is rich in history and a versatile venue for indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies.

Facilities and Capacity
Curtiss Mansion offers eight indoor and outdoor event spaces and can accommodate up to 350 wedding guests. Multiple spaces are available for indoor and courtyard receptions or outdoor ceremonies. Ceremonies can be held in the lush and shaded grove, in front of a romantic bridge or under an elegant stone archway.

Curtiss Mansion is a full-service wedding venue. They offer venue rental services for weddings and other special events with support from outside vendors. Wedding services offered by Curtiss Mansion include the following:

• Bridal suite
  • Parking
  • Event planning
  • Closed Vendor List
  • Wireless internet

Other Services
Curtiss Mansion offers historic home tours on Saturdays and is open to the public for various community events. The mansion offers a membership that includes admission to the mansion, advance notice of classes and tours and a discount on merchandise.

History
Curtiss Mansion was built in 1925 and was the primary residence of Glenn Hammond Curtiss (“The Father of Aviation” and a contemporary of the Wright Brothers) and his beloved wife, Lena. In South Florida, Curtiss, in partnership with James Bright, developed the towns of Country Club Estates (now Miami Springs), Hialeah and Opa-locka during the land boom of the 1920s while continuing to pursue an intense interest in aviation. The mansion doors reopened to the public in 2012 after 17 years of grassroots efforts and was made available for historic, cultural, educational, recreational, social, civic and other community uses.

Location
Curtiss Mansion is centrally located in Miami Springs, Florida, just north of the Miami International Airport. The mansion includes parking and is wheelchair accessible.

For Booking Requests Please Contact Us Here: https://curtissmansion.tripleseat.com/party_request/7771

172 Reviews for Curtiss Mansion

172 Curtiss Mansion Reviews

Ariadna
Featured
Ariadna Torres

Married on 02/24/2019

Beautiful historic venue!!

Curtiss Mansion & Gardens was the first venue we looked it and immediately loved it! The history within the walls make it so unbelievably special, it’s hard for any other place to compare. We received ... Read more a tour from Nyree, hands down a wonderful loving soul! She showed us along the property and helped us with our entire process from there on out. Wedding Day couldn’t have been more seamless in terms of execution and environment the mansion provided. But it was really with the help and smiles of Nyree and Javi. My nephew was all worked up and nervous about his ring bearing duties- he nearly fainted during our vow exchange. Javi to the rescue behind the scenes with water and some much needed reassurance. Nyree so complimentary and sweet the entire night. The small details that go a long way. In hindsight, we didn’t feel a lurking presence or getting “managed” day of (I’d imagine that might be the case in other places), they encouraged us to express our vision with our selected preferred vendors and let us do us! It was wonderful and so beautiful. The practicality was the biggest perk: location, easy access, free available parking, inexpensive nearby hotels for out of town guests (EB Hotel!) and in general a breeze to drive to and from. They also have backup plans in case it rains. The idea of renting out a mansion for 50 guests seemed a bit much, but it had a subtly opulence yet cozy feel. So happy we didn’t look any further! My dad loved airplanes as a child, so having our special day in the former residence of a aviation entrepreneur made me feel my dads spirit a little more. I plan on customizing a brick for our one year anniversary and surprise my groom with it! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to the Mansion crew! Love, Ari & Miguel Photography: Erika Diaz Photography Catering: Inspired Events Floral: Primrose Floral and Events H&M: Renata Estepan

Manuella
Manuella

Getting married on 12/06/2019

Sherry and the Curtiss Mansion staff will go above & beyond to help their clients. I could not have done my event the way I wanted it without them! Read more Sherry and the Curtiss Mansion staff will go above & beyond to help their clients. I could not have done my event the way I wanted it without them!

E
Evan Ross

Getting married on 11/10/2019

Sherry is amazing

My fiance and I visited Curtiss Mansion this past weekend while looking for a venue for our wedding. We quickly realized it wasn't a fit for us due to the size of our party and our desire to have the ... Read more reception indoors (they could only accommodate 250 people outdoors). It was clear within the first two minutes that we were not going to have our wedding there, but that didn't stop Sherry from spending nearly an hour with us, giving us suggestions for other venues, vendors, and ideas. While most people would've dismissed us once the prospect of earning our business was gone, Sherry clearly loves what she does and knows the wedding and event business inside and out. Her suggestions gave us some great ideas and helped lead us to another venue that we fell in love with. I can't say enough about how much we appreciated Sherry and wished we had the opportunity to work with her. If you are interested in having your wedding at Curtiss Mansion, I have no doubt that Sherry will help you make it everything you want and more.