Dancing Bear Lodge & Appalachian Bistro

Townsend, TN · View map · Visit website

About Dancing Bear Lodge & Appalachian Bistro

Dancing Bear Lodge & Appalachian Bistro is a professional wedding destination located in Townsend, Tennessee. The venue has been hosting weddings since 1996 for couples throughout the local area, including Knoxville, Gatlinburg, and Pigeon Forge. It is a two hour drive from Chattanooga and features scenic views of the Great Smoky Mountain and nearby adventures for an unforgettable wedding weekend getaway.

Facilities and Capacity
Dancing Bear Lodge & Appalachian Bistro has four event spaces and can accommodate up to 150 guests. It can host wedding-related events such as ceremonies, receptions, bridal showers, elopements, engagement parties, and rehearsal dinners. Couples and their guests can enjoy their facilities like the grand hall area, the patio, the vistas, and the rustic cabins.

Dancing Bear Lodge & Appalachian Bistro offers all-inclusive packages that couples can choose from according to their needs and budget. The venue's services include:

• Accomodations

Featured
Kahlin

Married on 10/10/2018

Fairytale Wedding

I can’t even being to describe how mangical The Dancing Bear Lodge is and how truly special they made me feel on my wedding day! I worked with Amie from the very beginning. I got engaged in January ... Read more 1st, contacted the Dancing Bear on the 3rd and booked on the 8th. Amie answered all my emails and text messages. She arranged for a food tasting that we traveled from Central Florida for. Anna joined our team over summer when I was having a floral heart attack and she made the whole situation better. The week we arrived both ladies had everything under control . Every guest raved about the property and Chef’s food! It was the best expierence of our lives! We couldn’t have picked a better location or team! We love everything about Dnacing Bear. We can’t wait to return for our 1 year anniversary.

Kimberly
Kimberly

Married on 10/20/2018

Dream Wedding!

I got married at Dancing Bear on October 20, 2018 and it was everything I could of ever dreamed of. The staff is beyond awesome. The cabins are absolutely beautiful, rustic but cozy and luxurious! My ... Read more wedding coordinators Amie and Anna were outstanding. They made sure everything was absolutely perfect and eased any worry I had. (Including Anna coming to the rescue with sparklers for our sparkler exit that I forgot and her remembering my husbands boutineer that he forgot, life saver!) Amie recommend all of our vendors and Dancing Bear Bistro made all of our food and desserts, including for the rehearsal dinner. Every vendor our florist (Lisa Foster Design) was awesome they knew exactly what I needed and knew exactly where to put everything (no stress needed), Kimz Entertainment was our DJ and he made my reception, he was organized and so much fun! Our officiant was so sweet and I was desperate for someone to marry us and Amie called in a favor for me and I’m so glad she did because Sandra Tracey made everything so easy and the ceremony was perfect! What is really going to win you over with this place is the food, even if you’re not getting married, go eat here!!! Every single person from our wedding just raved about the food and it is THAT good. All food is fresh, in season, and so creative. I have had so many people ask me how I found our wedding venue, we needed somewhere half way between PA and Memphis, TN and something rustic, with lodging onsite. This was the first place I called and booked our wedding in that first phone call (had never even seen it because I live in PA) but Amie was so comfortable to talk to and it seemed like she knew exactly what I was wanting and had just spoken to me for the first time. When I arrived for the first time I knew it was exactly where I wanted to be, to marry my best friend. I can’t wait to go back and spend our anniversaries there in the future! Go Vols!

C
C

Married on 08/10/2018

August wedding in the Smokies

Our August, 2018 can be summed up in one simple phrase...... A most memorable and wonderful event! Our guests are still raving about the food served throughout the weekend! Chef was amazing! The staff ... Read more staff at the lodge was superb, and both Amie and Anna were so reliable and innovative. Each detail was meticulously handled!