David's Country Inn

Hackettstown, New Jersey · View map · Visit website

About David's Country Inn

David's Country Inn is a historic museum wedding venue based in Hackettstown, New Jersey. Built in 1840, the restored Victorian mansion has served as an inn for over 152 years. The venue has been owned and operated by the Falzarano family for 39 years. Booking only one wedding per day, they are dedicated to providing you with timeless elegance on your special day.

Facilities and Capacities

David's Country Inn can accommodate up to 200 guests. Their spacious, two-story ballroom can host an intimate affair or lavish celebration. With an art deco stained glass ceiling, crystal chandeliers, pressed tin walls, four fireplaces and art nouveau styling throughout the venue, the space offers a timeless atmosphere. For your cocktail hour, you can take advantage of the vintage setting of their polished 1700’s antique bar and baby grand piano. The venue has plenty of picturesque areas for your wedding photos, including ivy-covered walls, white columns and landscaped grounds abundant with flowers and a garden statuary.

With all-inclusive packages available, David's Country Inn can provide everything you need for your big day. Their event planning service will take the stress off of you. If you're dreaming of an outdoor ceremony, they can take care of all the arrangements for you to say “I do” at nearby Rutherford Hall. The venue also offers a number of event rentals to customize your day, including centerpieces, arches, chair covers and other decor. Additional services David's Country Inn has available include the following:

• Bridal suite
  • Shuttle
  • Valet
  • Wheelchair access

Cuisine

David's Country Inn offers in-house catering from their chef of over 25 years. American and Italian cuisine can be prepared. Hors d'oeuvres, buffet, stations and plated are a few serving styles they have available. The venue can also create several dessert options, including your wedding cake. Accommodations can be made to their cuisine based on various dietary requirements, such as:

• Gluten-free
  • Lactose-free
  • No pork
  • Nut-free
  • Organic
  • Vegan
  • Vegetarian

Other Services

A cash or open bar is available. Beverage options you and your guests can enjoy include premium liquor, specialty beer and house wine. Necessary food and beverage items can be supplied, including:

• Flatware

Alison
Featured
Alison

Married on 05/26/2019

Truly exceptional! Choose David's!

My husband and I fell in love with David’s Country Inn from the moment we walked in while searching for venues. David’s unique historic atmosphere makes you feel as though you are in someone’s home ... Read more and the tremendous amount of care that the owners have taken with this wonderful space is apparent from the moment you set foot inside. The entire planning process was just a dream working with Debbie. Her excellent communication skills and attention to detail made working with her an absolute pleasure. Any questions or concerns that came up along the way with ANYTHING she immediately worked with me to make sure my day was planned perfectly. All of this sincere communication truly paid off on the day of our wedding, which went off without a hitch and was the most perfect day. Additionally, I chose ALL of my vendors based on David’s preferred vendors (with the exception of hair and makeup) and I HIGHLY recommend others to do so as well. David’s endorses some of the top vendors in NJ and their knowledge of the venue itself and how David’s operates made everything cohesive throughout our wedding day. Monika with Fleurs Divine does the flowers for David’s and I was in awe at the bouquet that she put together for me and my bridesmaids and our centerpieces. Now, something to note is that your centerpieces are included with David’s Country Inn, a detail which was a major selling point for my husband and I. With this, you can upgrade the size of your centerpieces for very reasonable prices. Another side note was that I did not know exactly what my flowers would look like but trusted Monika’s artistic talents and she absolutely knocked it out of the park, so many friends and family completely impressed with how the arrangements came out, as was I! I spent about half of what brides will spend on flowers and had the most amazing flowers ever. ALSO, Monika breaks down the centerpieces at the end of the evening and they are given out as a part of the wedding favors! We chose to purchase time in the Warren Suite to get ready which is the amazingly renovated third floor of David’s and it was absolutely perfect for my girls to get ready on our side and the guys to hang out on the other side, it made our morning just perfect. We also had David’s serve a buffet lunch before heading over for our ceremony at Rutherfurd Hall (which is a DREAM ceremony site, seriously consider this option!). The buffet lunch was delicious and a great way to make sure everyone ate before the ceremony. The ceremony at Rutherfurd Hall was absolutely beautiful. The building and grounds itself are just so tremendously impressive, it left our guests in awe. The regal effect and beautiful photos you’ll capture are just breath-taking. Debbie coordinated our ceremony as well and she was just amazing. We didn’t do a rehearsal so we were nervous when we arrived, but because of Debbie and our officiant Richard Cash, they easily guided us through and we had a perfect ceremony. Now for the reception, the service was absolutely impeccable. David’s servers are some of the most attentive and professional servers I’ve ever experienced at a wedding. Their attention to detail and identification of the needs of you & your guests are just amazing. For example, I’m gluten-free, and one of the servers noticed I was not taking many of passed hors-d'oeuvres, she made a point of putting together a plate for me of gluten-free items and finding me with this plate, I was SO appreciative that she took such good care of me! This extends to Debbie as well because she made sure that there were plenty of gluten-free options for me and that everything I was served was gluten-free as well. Additionally, other comments guests made were that if a guest enjoyed a certain hors-d'oeuvre and the server ran out, they would find that guest first when they refilled their tray, making the guest feel personally attended to. As the bride and groom, we never had an empty glass and it was as though David’s could read our minds and made predictions about what we would potentially need and it would appear. Once dinner was served, the servers would even go around the room and put covers on our guest's dishes who were out on the dance floor or in the restroom so that their food was kept warm. These gestures thoroughly impressed all of our guests, many stating it was the best wedding they’ve been to. The food was to die for. Our guests raved about some of the hors-d'oeuvres such as the peach and goat cheese tarts, the bacon wrapped filet with gorgonzola, the coconut shrimp, among many other items. Some guests even tried to go home and recreate these culinary masterpieces right after the wedding! For our main entrees, we had filet mignon and salmon, and guests raved about both. My husband and I were actually able to eat dinner, he had the steak and I had the salmon and both were just delicious. We also did the Venetian Hour (which adds a ½ of time onto your event) and everyone was freaking out over all of the dessert options, international coffees, and wedding cake. Palermo’s does David’s wedding cakes (it’s included!) and the cake was seriously the best wedding cake I’ve had at any wedding. I even had my own gluten-free side cake and it was absolutely delicious. I will be raving about my wedding at David’s Country Inn for the rest of my life. They truly made all my dreams come true and I cannot express my gratitude enough for making my day absolutely perfect. My husband and I wish we could go back in time and do it all over again, we wouldn’t change one thing! Thank you, David’s, for your excellent service and professionalism, we will remember these details for the rest of our lives.

H
Heather Hatton

Getting married on 08/25/2019

Amazing experience

Our wedding is this August and overall the experience with the staff has been great. Debbie is amazing! This place really puts your needs first, they are flexible, responsive to your questions, and ... Read more you can feel the sense of family while you are in the venue. It's hard to leave any time my fiance have had to go there to meet with Debbie. They make you feel welcome and focus all their attention on you and your special day. So happy we chose David's Country Inn. We are looking forward to how beautiful our wedding will be.

Felicia
Felicia

Married on 06/07/2019

Beautiful building, great event staff!

We got married at David's Country Inn on June 7th and we could not be happier! We fell in love with the venue at first sight and once we met the staff, we knew that this is where we wanted to host our ... Read more special day. We worked with Dan throughout the planning process. He was extremely thorough, organized and went out of his way to make sure he answered our questions. The day of our wedding was completely magical! The event staff went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed and the day went seamlessly. The beautiful décor and history of the building, the amazing staff and the delicious food made for the best day!