Derk's Works

Columbus, OH · View map

About Derk's Works

Derk's Works is committed to bringing you the best and most creative personalized art there is to offer. With a background in technology and film photography Benjamin is the perfect blend of traditional photographic art and digital advancing style. One of the biggest things that brides and grooms fail to consider when selecting their wedding photographer is, "how will this person's personality fit into my wedding party?" As more and more photographers go journalistic and editorial it is most important to fall in love with an artist, not only for the way they will see your wedding day but also for how comfortable you'll be and smile around them. Shoot us an e-mail, let's meet, we are confident that you'll love us, our style and how we see weddings.

28 Reviews for Derk's Works

28 Derk's Works Reviews

A
Adrienne

Married on 10/06/2017

I had no idea where to begin when it came to wedding planning and finding all the different vendors needed to put together the BIG day. A friend recommended me to Derk's Works, as they had used them ... Read more in the past and were also close friends with the owners. She always raved about Benjamin's work and how she wish he had been able to photograph her wedding. When my mom looked through their website, she knew we had to have Benjamin to capture the celebration of my wedding. I had no idea what to expect when it came to having a photographer around just photographing all the moments of the day. Benjamin was great - he helped coach my camera-shyness/awkwardness throughout the day, he was anywhere and everywhere...but never in the way, he even helped the groomsmen affix their boutonnieres. Though we might have been feeling awkward at times trying to make our expressions look natural for different shots, Benjamin urged us to not worry about the cameras or anyone around us, but to live in our moment together. I don't know how many people came up to us after the wedding and still today continue to speak so highly of Benjamin during the wedding - his energy and work was noticed by all. I cannot wait to see the rest of the perfect pictures!

A
Amy

Married on 12/31/2016

Benjamin is an incredible photographer. Not only that, but when we could not find a photographer in Pittsburgh we liked, he came all the way from Columbus to shoot our wedding! My brother used ... Read more Benjamin for his wedding and we were in love with his photographs. We were so excited that he agreed to come to Pittsburgh when we reached out to him. Not only does he have an amazing eye, but what stands out the most is his great personality. He is so easy going and great with kids. We are so thankful that Benjamin took time away from his own family to capture our family's most important moments thus far. We got our photographs back quickly and even this morning we went through the photo books to admire them. Photography was everything to us (it's the only thing you keep), and we couldn't be happier with the photos and cannot thank Benjamin enough. You cannot go wrong hiring him!!!!

J
Jim

Married on 09/12/2016

Ben was our photographer at our wedding. He did a great job. He is very good at what he does and is super personable. We can not wait to see our final pictures. The sample preview of our wedding they ... Read more sent us looks great!I would recommend Ben to anyone looking for a great photographer.