Designs By Lorise Calligraphy and Stationery

Catskill, New York · View map

About Designs By Lorise Calligraphy and Stationery

Hello, my name is Lorise and I do real Calligraphy and Design using dip nib in ink, with watercolors and/or other art mediums, ALL done by hand. I 've been creating art and design for several decades, including artwork for the Govt. and private and public clients, all the way from realistic portraiture to landscapes and stylized designs.
This allows me the freedom to create anything that your heart desires.
To make your vision come to life!

I prefer working closely with each client so that we can display your unique vision.
I specialize in bespoke stationery.
Consultations include the details of your event, to coordinate with your wording and design elements.

Luxury, custom items available:

• Logos
  • Crests
  • Family Trees
  • Wax Seals

I 've been designing over 25 years and my work has been exhibited at international shows, reviewed in national trade magazines, & has graced the covers of both books & catalogs.
I also have a background in life size
portraiture which presently hang in private, public and governmental buildings. I work in various media and design, which is why I like to make each event as unique as the person who is having it.

Please visit our online store, to see current pricing and ordering info.

Thank you!

4 Reviews for Designs By Lorise Calligraphy and Stationery

4 Designs By Lorise Calligraphy and Stationery Reviews

Laura
Laura Smith

Married on 12/31/2018

Wonderful!

I used Lorise not for a wedding but for a family timeline/calligraphy for a replacement family bible that was lost in my parents house fire. I was wasn't sure exactly what I wanted and I was living ... Read more living overseas so had to do it all " blindly" . Lorise was not only wonderfully professional but also easy to work with and compassionate for this heartfelt project. She handled the receiving of the bible that I ordered online and once she saw how it was laid out made suggestions and handled the project quickly and beautifully. Lorise always stayed in contact with me via email and even with the 8 hour time difference she was quick to respond to any questions I had. She also went above and beyond in packaging everything up beautifully and shipped it off to my parents for Christmas. In seeing her work on Instagram I even ordered a print of her artwork for my Mom -- a beautiful goldfinch watercolor. I highly recommend Lorise not only because of her beautiful work and professionalism... but she's also just darn nice and that is not always easy to find.

Helen
Helen W.

Married on 10/10/2018

Excellent calligrapher with great service!

Lorise was amazing! She was very responsive to my emails right from the start. She let us know every step, where she was, so we could relax with this part of the event (this was my daughter Jill's ... Read more wedding and was one of my gifts to her). When the package arrived it was even more beautiful in person than we imagined. The only thing is that she had to squeeze us in, which is something we hadn't considered before contacting her a bit late. Even so, she was a real pro and didn't complain, even with some of the changes and updates that had come in last minute. I would recommend her and use her again. Beautiful calligraphy and service! Thanks Lorise!

Cody
Cody Jones

Married on 08/11/2018

The best in the business

Lorise was great. Very responsive and full of great ideas. Her exceptional care to detail shows in her work and made our anniversary spectacular. Read more Lorise was great. Very responsive and full of great ideas. Her exceptional care to detail shows in her work and made our anniversary spectacular.