Destination Wedding Store

Hamden, CT · View map

About Destination Wedding Store

Our passion is weddings and wedding planning! Our business
began as a travel agency, long before it was fashionable we saw the desirability of
having a destination wedding rather than a traditional wedding. It was then that
we decided that we would dedicate our business to planning destination weddings.

What we offer that a traditional wedding planner or travel agency does not:

Experience in planning weddings in exciting destinations

In depth knowledge of desitnaitons

The willingness to work with you to find the perfect destination for the
wedding of your dreams.

A genuine desire to create the ceremony and reception of your dreams

Understanding of the rules and requirements to get married away from
home, so that you are legally wed at home!

Vast resources to get you the best deals on travel for you and your guests

We have payment plans, so you and your guests can lay-away your dream
wedding and vacation.

The ability to insure that you and your guests every need is met before
during and after your wedding and thier vacation.

Tips to make your guests talk about your wedding for years, from creative
ideas for you to incorporate in your ceremony to local customs and gifts we
will help you with it all!

Numerous tips to use to make your wedding a special day for you and your
guests

Call today so we can help you to begin planning the wedding of your dreams

without the stress of a traditional wedding. Once you have made your first call you
will know you have no more worries, you will begin to have a vision of your wedding
and your dreams will take shape in no time......effortlessly!
203. 535.1289

14 Reviews for Destination Wedding Store

14 Destination Wedding Store Reviews

User3766485

2+ years ago

Janice is wonderful to work with! She helped make our wedding a great memory to cherish, not only for us, but for our families as well. She helped us select a venue in Jamaica so we could privatize ... Read more and truely personalize our wedding. Even though she has many clients, I never felt she was to busy for me. Janice always made herself available to us...even at 11:30pm! She approaches each wedding as if it were her own, going the extra mile every day we worked together. I know she will be a friend for life! I would highly recommend working with Janice to help plan your wedding, anniversay or special event.

C
Cameshia

Married on 08/24/2013

When my fiancé and I decided to have a destination wedding I knew that we would need assistance. I did some research and came across destination wedding store. After speaking to Janice I contacted her ... Read more a fed days later to inform Janice that we would like to use her services and it was one of the best decisions that we made in regards to wedding planning. From the very beginning Janice was on point. Janice gave us a few suggestions as to where to have our wedding and once we decided on Jamaica she wasted no time getting things in order. Janice was with us every step of the way helping us with invitations, flowers, photographers, decorations, etc. Even when I dealing with some unfortunate personal issues Janice was right there with words of encouragement. While in Jamaica when issues arises and Janice was contacted things were handled right away. Janice was not only our wedding planner I consider her a friend. I highly recommend her services. You won't regret it.

M
Michelle

Married on 05/11/2013

Janice is the absolute BEST wedding planner and was a remarkable support system throughout the entire wedding planning process. Under the guidance of Destination Wedding Store, my husband and I were ... Read more able to plan and experience the wedding of our dreams at Paradisus La Perla in Rivieria Maya, Mexico. Our wedding weekend included a rehearsal dinner (sushi-style), welcome fiesta (private pool party), an amazing ceremony and reception and a farewell brunch. Our guest were amazed. My husband, our 40 guest of intimate family and friends and I, felt the 4 day wedding celebration was "mejor que un sueno", better than a dream. Janice and her team worked diligently for over a year to assist with selecting and booking the venue, all design elements including save the dates, invitations, programs, menu cards, wedding guest welcome gift bags, floral arrangements, bridesmaid coordination, fashion recommendations and so much more. The list goes on and on and on. As an added bonus, Janice and her team booked travel for over 95% of our guest. To this day, they all rave about her service, professionalism and pleasant attitude. Outside of alleviating all stress for me, as the bride, which in turn made this an enjoyable experience for all involved, including my hubby, Janice has become a lifelong friend. We plan to bug her and shower her with love forever more. Our goal was to create a tropical wedding that delivered a romantic, fun and lasting experience. The results: expressing love to family and old friends, creating an atmosphere for the creation of new friendships and two couples from our wedding are now engaged *hearts*. Looks like Janice may have some more work on her hands :) We highly recommend Janice and Destination Wedding Store to anyone in need of wedding, event or travel planning. Janice and team - we can never thank you enough. Thank you!