Hired? Hired

Destination Wedding Studio

Key West, FL · View map · Visit website

About Destination Wedding Studio

"While others may take care of the event, you need someone to watch over your Heart." Principal designer and owner Peggy Russell started Destination Wedding Studio in 2005, and has since planned and designed events from the Florida Keys to Aspen, Chicago to Jamaica, and New Orleans to South Carolina. As a retired architect, Peggy has always enjoyed blending both the creative and logistical sides at the same time. Going from designing homes, orchestrating weddings was a natural next step, as it still allows Peggy to see a couple's dream come to life. Destination Wedding Studio's work has been featured in The Knot, Style Me Pretty, Borrowed and Blue, Grey Likes Weddings, Wedding Chicks, Loverly, Every Last Detail; and DWS was selected as one of the first WeddingWire Ambassadors, The Knot's Best of Weddings for three consecutive years, Best of Borrowed & Blue 2017 and recently became a member of Style Me Pretty's Little Black Book, a hand-selected, highly curated collection of some of the wedding industry's most sought after vendors.

118 Reviews for Destination Wedding Studio

118 Destination Wedding Studio Reviews

A
Featured
Alyssa

Married on 04/07/2018

My dream wedding and my dream planning experience! I owe the most amazing weekend of my life to Peggy from DWS. From Texas and my now husband (whoop! ) is from the U.K. But we live and were planning ... Read more our Key West wedding from Australia (Perth, which couldn't be farther). I actually don't know where to begin with my overwhelming praise to give to Peggy. I guess to start I kept thinking if she could just do what she did for other people, for me, I'd be happy. ' I booked Peggy for full planning as planning from that far was going to be super hard. As well as everyone I know assumed I'd be the biggest bridezilla (thanks for the confidence fam). Let me just say - she is worth every cent, penny and dollar. I was the most relaxed bride (from start to finish) because of her. First, she made planning effortless. When we made a trip to Key West 6 months before the wedding to vacay and plan. She booked all of our wedding appointments for us. She gave us insight to the BEST vendors in the area - couldn't be happier with every single one. When I said I'd be happy with the other weddings she has styled - I was totally wrong. Peggy is more than "cookie cutter" she is an artist and creator. She made MY wedding dreams come true and made everything so personal and brought a perfect vision to life! Most importantly I couldn't have been more relaxed on our big day knowing Peggy was there. She had proved to me over and over to really trust her and I knew no matter what happened (as in my dress train turned black during my first look, hours before my ceremony) everything was going to be perfect. And it was - I couldn't have cared less for anything that went wrong (which is inevitable). I owe it to Peggy. No one ever called me bridezilla. I thought about nothing on our day but marrying the man of my dreams and having the BEST time with family and friends. She made magic that night and everyone could feel it. Thank you Peggy, for the most Magical night of our lives. - A&B Simmons

C
Christina

Married on 05/12/2018

Peggy and her team are a true DREAM, as well as wedding savers! My husband and I were supposed to wed in 2017, but due to Hurricane Irma we were forced to post pone. Originally, we worked with another ... Read more planning team and switched to Peggy and DWS because of the poor service we received initially. Oh my gosh, it was the BEST decision we could have made! Peggy will make sure that your day goes by flawlessly, from coordinating rentals (picking them up for you even!), finding vendors for you, making sure you get a good deal, you name it! She does it, and all with a smile. She was more than just a wedding planner to us, she made sure that our voices were heard and that our day truly reflected who we are as a couple. Do not look around at any other planners in the area! Trust me, I started with another and was so happy that I ended up with the DWS team. Book them now!

M
Malissa

Married on 04/14/2018

Peggy was my wedding planner for my wedding! She did an awesome job at creating the wedding of my dreams! , and made me feel absolutely relaxed on the most important day of my life! She became a ... Read more friend and not just a planner to me. She took time to get to know me. I’m so grateful for her talent! Honestly she was such a huge part of making my day come together seemlessly!