Discovery Museum

Bridgeport, CT · View map · Visit website

About Discovery Museum

Discovery Museum is a one-of-a-kind event venue located in Bridgeport, Connecticut. This special museum can act as a distinct and intriguing event space for weddings and related occasions. The museum originally began life as the Museum of Art, Science, and Industry. As the years progressed, interactive learning began to take center stage and the focus of the museum switched over to STEM activities. This museum and its staff encourage explorations, curiosity, and education. Fun programs take place throughout the year, offering public access to materials and sources that enhance both knowledge and understanding of the science community. When hosting an event here, couples will be able to tailor their rental to their party's size, choosing from the rooms available to perfectly suit their capacity. The building is privy to stunning views and also hosts a private planetarium named the Henry B. duPont III Planetarium. Clients and their guests will also be able to enjoy exhibits that provide hands-on activities.

Facilities and Capacity

Discovery Museum boasts architecture that has been the recipient of awards. The building allows light to filter in, illuminating the space within beautifully. The center gallery is a fantastic space to host a sit-down occasion. There are three floors that couples can make use of. These include the mezzanine art gallery, the auditorium, and the full dome planetarium. There is also a full and professional catering kitchen that is perfect for preparing delicious cuisine and favors. Various rooms may be rented out based on the couple's preference. For a ceremony under the stars, about 80 guests fit in the Planetarium. The show may be customized to add a magical element to the special occasion and music is available for selection in order to offer couples a magnificent soundtrack to their new chapter together.

This stunning museum offers their clients preferred vendors that they can choose to utilize. These vendors include options for food, drinks, photography, and event planning as well as design. The basic rental package includes setup, cleanup, and a selection of event rentals.

5 Reviews for Discovery Museum

5 Discovery Museum Reviews

B
Featured
Brianna Purpura

Married on 06/30/2019

Unique and Beautiful!

Having a wedding at the The Discovery Museum was such a wonderful experience! My whole family keeps calling me and telling me that it was the most fun and unique wedding that they had ever been too! ... Read more They were so easy and convenient to work with! They set everything up, cleaned everything up, and made sure my husband (!) and I had a fun relaxing experience! I highly recommend this beautiful, unique venue!

S
Suzanne

Married on 06/14/2019

Perfect event!

Working with Tana at the Discovery Museum was so great. She made our entire event run smoothly. I can't thank her enough for everything! Read more Working with Tana at the Discovery Museum was so great. She made our entire event run smoothly. I can't thank her enough for everything!

I
Isabelle

Married on 07/14/2018

There are so many aspects of the Discovery Museum that made our wedding reception perfect! First and foremost, the staff was incredibly helpful and responsive to requests on the day of, and spent a ... Read more lot of time communicating and meeting with us, our planner and other parties involved. They worked seamlessly with the florist and caterer for setup – they only had two hours to prepare and it all got done! We utilized the bottom floor for the cocktail party, and the middle floor for dinner and dancing. Guests were free to explore the museum and interact with the exhibits. Even I joined in on the obstacle course in my poufy white dress! Another great aspect about the museum is that elaborate decorations are not needed – the place pops all on its own. I could say that we were really lucky that everything fell into place for us, but luck only gets you so far. Having good vendors is a plus, but a fantastic venue with excellent staff to coordinate the chaos is better than luck, and the credit goes to the Discovery Museum!