Discovery World

Milwaukee, WI · View map · Visit website

About Discovery World

Discovery World is a museum in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. This waterfront city venue features a 360-degree ballroom with panoramic views. The Bartolotta Restaurants is the exclusive caterer at Discovery World, located on the shores of Lake Michigan seven minutes from Lakeshore State Park.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can share their special day with up to 450 wedding guests at Discovery World. This elegant venue’s 360-degree circular ballroom, The Pilot House, features floor-to-ceiling windows all the way around to offer views of the lake and city skyline. Illuminated columns and modern carpeting adorn the inside of this room. Couples will also find that the Reiman Aquarium, promenade and Pavilion at Discovery World serve as beautiful event spaces as well.

This venue’s scenic views are included with every event. Couples will also find the following services included when booking their wedding:

• Bridal suite
  • Cleanup
  • Event planning
  • In-house catering
  • Liability insurance
  • Parking
  • Setup

Cuisine
The Bartolotta Restaurants, the museum's exclusive caterer, creates a delectable and memorable wedding menu for the couple. The chefs can prepare gluten free, lactose free, no pork, nut free, organic, vegan and vegetarian dishes.

Other Services
Couples can also host bridal showers, engagement parties and rehearsal dinners at this venue, in addition to ceremonies and receptions.

21 Reviews for Discovery World

21 Discovery World Reviews

Rakesh
Rakesh Shah

Married on 06/29/2019

Perfection

Absolutely an unbelievable experience! I had my wedding here on 6/29/19 and let me start this review by saying that I cannot recommend this place enough! I chose Discovery World Museum as my venue ... Read more because I really like the way the building looks and the views are easily some of the best in Milwaukee. My point of contact and venue coordinator was Madeline Cope. From my initial email to the last one, she was extremely attentive, gave awesome recommendations and thought of details that both my (now) wife and I didn’t even think about at the time but now realize how impactful it made our wedding. I have seen the wedding planning process done with friends and other family and I was always afraid of having that same stress with my wedding, but with Madeline helping and all the options available through Bartollota Catering, the whole process was unbelievably easy. The food was outstanding – especially the grilled cheese and tomato soup appetizer (GET IT - trust me on this one) and the ravioli and steak meals were probably some of the best dishes we’ve had. Our guests could not stop talking about the food all night! We had our cocktail hour in the aquarium and our main event at the Pilot house. The aquarium was perfect for that portion because it felt intimate and the lighting and tanks were just stunning and a great conversation starter between guests. The pilot house was perfect for the wedding because it has this amazing 360 degree view of the city and lake (and Summerfest) plus the balcony is just an added bonus for guests to walk around, enjoy their drinks and take in the views. The service was that of a 5 star hotel – all of the staff members were super kind, always smiling, sharply dressed and just so pleasant to talk with. Madeline coordinated just about everything once the celebrations started, from us walking out for ceremony, the transition between the ceremony to dinner (another cocktail hour), drinks after dinner and lastly our fireworks. We chose to have our first dance after dinner and wanted to surprise our guests with fireworks during our dance (Discovery World offers that service by the way). She knew how long our song was and coordinated it PERFECTLY with their fireworks crew so that as soon as I dipped my wife at the end of the song, the fireworks launched EXACTLY at that moment. My family, my guests and especially my wife were so amazed at how beautiful this wedding turned out that they kept talking about it all weekend and I’m still getting texts and emails as I’m writing this review! Madeline Cope was perfect, Discovery World was perfect and Bartolotta Catering was perfect. I honest hope that my sincerest admiration shows in this review.

C
Chelsea

Married on 07/15/2017

Working with Bartolotta's at Discovery World for my 7/15/17 wedding was amazing. Amanda was the best and most professional person I worked with my entire wedding planning experience. She was so ... Read more detail-oriented and on the ball! Plus, literally every staff member my family or friends encountered the day of were super professional and helpful. It made the day go without a hitch! Plus, the view is AMAZING.

S
Sue

Married on 07/09/2016

Our daughter had her wedding reception in The Pilot Room here at the Discovery World. The guests were blown away at the beauty of this venue. The 360 degree outside promenade made for a truly ... Read more spectacular day. The view of Lake Michigan as well as the entire city scape of Milwaukee was breathtaking!! Words cannot express the magnificence of this sight! The food was five star delicious and presentation was impressive! We highly recommend the professionalism and helpfulness of Jessica in organizing everything for us there. Love, love love this place!