Dover Hall

Manakin Sabot, VA · View map · Visit website

About Dover Hall

A refined English Tudor-inspired wedding venue in Manakin-Sabot, Virginia, Dover Hall was built with one purpose in mind: to entertain. Combining the grandeur of the past with everyday modern amenities, the space provides a one-of-a-kind experience for you and your guests. Nestled between Richmond and Charlottesville, the venue is the perfect choice for newly engaged couples in the area!

Facilities and Capacity
Boasting 33,000 square feet, Dover Hall accommodates up to 400 guests. Couples may choose from six spacious event spaces to host their ceremony and/or reception.

Couples who select Dover Hall to exchange their vows benefit from a variety of services and amenities. Items include:

• Indoor and outdoor settings
  • Event rentals
  • Setup
  • Cleanup
  • Outside vendors

Cuisine
Dover Hall offers an array of menu options consisting of American, Italian, Southern, Southwestern and local cuisine styles that utilize plated and station serving styles. In order to provide an enjoyable wedding experience for all, the venue accommodates the following dietary restrictions:

• Gluten-free
  • Organic
  • Vegan
  • Vegetarian

Accommodation
For interested couples and their guests, Dover Hall offers nine bedrooms to accommodate overnight stays. The venue is also located near several award-winning hotels, such as The Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa/Short Pump.

Other Facilities
The venue offers a number of wedding facilities so couples may choose from a variety of different spaces in which to host their event. Other facilities include:

• Two-story ballroom
  • Solarium
  • Library
  • Master Suite dressing room

Other Services
The venue offers bar services and various wedding decor items upon request. Interested couples may choose from the following:
Bartender(s)

Josh
Featured
Josh Medlin

Married on 05/26/2018

One-of-a-kind, world-class venue with top notch team!

A one-of-a-kind venue, with world class customer service. As a wedding vendor based in the area, I have worked at many "luxury" venues that are nice in appearance but totally lack in the experience ... Read more department. Dover Hall, however, is the real deal. From our first contact with them, and then every step along the journey to our wedding day, The Dover Hall team absolutely blew us away with their dedication to excellence. The entire staff is nothing short of amazing. The owners of the venue, Chad, and Jeff personally ensured the quality of every aspect of our wedding and treated my wife and I both like family and made us feel so relaxed on the actual day. Miranda and Jamie were both super knowledgable about the rich history of the venue and were incredibly accommodating to any and all needs we had for the wedding. As if the customer service wasn't enough, the property itself is truly one of a kind with priceless paintings and lavish furniture you simply do not find unless you are in the presence of royalty. The entire venue was rented to us for the whole weekend which meant there wasn't a bunch of random people we didn't know walking around that aren't attending the wedding (I see this at a lot of Virginia venues). The memories we made with family and friends being able to sleep in this one-of-a-kind house are priceless and honestly one of the biggest selling points of this venue. Last but not least, the head chef Lee created the absolute best food I have ever tasted. The food and catering is truly exceptional and it had all of our guest raving for days. I could write a whole novel about how amazing our experience was, but I will sum it up by saying if you're looking for a venue in Virginia and want an unparalleled experience from the top to bottom, stop your search now and book Dover. Thank you to everyone on the Dover Hall team for making our wedding day even better than we could have ever imagined. I would rate them 10 stars if I could. Look forward to many more anniversary parties at the venue in the years to come!

S
stepnowski

Married on 05/18/2019

Dover Hall is an absolutely stunning setting. My daughter had a wedding event last week and one of the owners, Jeff, and events manager, Eileen, could not have been kinder or more helpful- truly ... Read more taking care of RVA bridal parties. The grand hall, the staircases, and the bride’s dressing room were all fantastic. The bride’s dressing room was large and airy with large windows, mirrors and chandelier – definitely a setting to excite a bride and set a princess mood. One of the bedrooms has a window seat with white and golden pillows that is beautiful for pictures. The pastoral landscape is inspiring and beautiful. I do not mean to go on too long, but I have also been a corporate officer and could picture a productive and fun retreat in this setting so close to Richmond yet removed from day to day. A cozy bar area, breakout rooms (I would want the windowed ‘conservatory’ for my team…) and the wide outdoors for games would be terrific. Just cannot say enough thanks to the management staff for the great event they gave us.

B
Brenda Mills

Married on 12/15/2018

Dover Hall is a fairy tale venue

We loved this place! Everything about it is unique and different. The bridal party suites were awesome and roomy enough for everyone to have hair and makeup done on sight ( 8 people) The onsite ... Read more coordinator, Miranda, is awesome to work with. She is very helpful and pleasant to work out all the details with. It is a little more expensive than some venues but it was well worth it. Our guest loved wandering in the house to look at all the exquisite rooms during cocktail hour and it was large enough space to accommodate the ceremony and reception.