Downtown Aquarium

Houston, TX · View map · Visit website

About Downtown Aquarium

The Downtown Aquarium is an aquarium and wedding venue located in Houston, Texas that provides an unforgettable underwater adventure for couples on their wedding day. Located in the heart of Houston, this remarkable six-acre entertainment and dining complex is a 500,000-gallon aquatic wonderland that houses over 300 species of aquatic life from around the planet. The Downtown Aquarium comes equipped with a full-service restaurant and an upscale bar. This venue can provide the perfect aquatic backdrop to your wedding ceremony.

Facilities and Capacity
The Nautilus Ballroom is an elegant and refined space that is perfect for your wedding ceremony. This 6,000-square-foot ballroom can seat anywhere from 50 to 450 guests and has the capacity to fit state-of-the-art audio and visual equipment. The room can be divided into two sections for a general session or breakout session. The ballroom also features a wrap-around balcony for private use, a breathtaking view of the downtown Houston skyline, and a cylindrical aquarium tank in the foyer area. For a standup reception, this room can fit up to 600 guests.

The Downtown Aquarium is home to not only amazing sea life but also some of the best chefs and staff in the area. Their award-winning culinary team and experienced event coordinators can help provide exquisite catering and plan out the decor and event necessities. Services include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Catering
  • Cleanup
  • Setup
  • Event planner
  • Lighting/sound

Cuisine
The restaurant at the Downtown Aquarium caters to all your seafood desires with their wonderful palate of different fish cuisines. From sawfish to shovel-nosed guitarfish, their restaurant can serve whatever kind of fish you’re looking for. You and your guests can be seated around a 150,000-gallon aquarium that offers a stunning view of the underwater world while you wait for your meal. They also provide chicken, steak, salads, and pasta dishes for couples looking for more variety. The Dive Lounge is a mature and upscale bar area for adults to enjoy.

12 Reviews for Downtown Aquarium

12 Downtown Aquarium Reviews

User6773279

2+ years ago

Beautiful venue and very easy to work with! Was unique and private from the rest of the aquarium, good service with very attentive staff on wedding day. Lots of space for dancing and eating! Great ... Read more views of downtown. Highly recommend it!

L
Lucero

Married on 08/09/2014

Great place to have any kind of event, our wedding was magical thanks to everyone involved at the Aquarium, specially Ms Mary Alice our wedding coordinator. Very clean and elegant place. The food was ... Read more delicious and warm to every guest (we believe that is very important), reasonable prices, they helped us with decoration ideas and made it smooth for the vendors to settle things there. We were really pleased about the service.

M
Monica

Married on 05/27/2011

The minute I walked into the ballroom I fell in love. I told my husband this was the place I wanted our reception to be. The ballroom looks very elegant. A Mary Alice was such a wonderful coordinator. ... Read more coordinator. She took good care of me the day of my wedding. As from what family and friends tell me, the food was delicious! The view of downtown is beautiful! My photographer was able to take awesome pictures of us on the rides and near the tigers. I would recommend The Aqaurium to anyone who's getting married.