Dragonfly Event

Granby, CT · View map

About Dragonfly Event

Dragonfly is an exclusive floral and event design firm specializing in weddings and social events. Our clients demand creative and highly personal floral work, from classic styles to cutting edge design. Beginning with in-depth consultation, we provide unrivaled attention throughout the design process, working closely with our clients to reflect their unique vision and style. We travel throughout Southern New England and the metropolitan Washington D.C. area and we are happy to meet on-site at venues. We design only one event per weekend to ensure that each event has the undivided attention it deserves. Marcy and Thoman Green, Dragonfly's creative team and proprietors have over 35 years of experience in floral design and events. Marcy has a background in client management, and became interested in floral design through her enthusiasm for entertaining. Thom is a florist through and through, beginning at age 15 as a flower shop prep boy and continuing through horticultural college and into design. He has worked in all aspects of the business from wholesale to retail to events. Their passion for each other and enthusiasm for design keeps their work creative and trend forward while their extensive experience in executing major events guarantees that quality and professionalism is paramount. In addition to their unique and diverse design talents, Marcy and Thom seek inspiration from a broad spectrum of sources, including their own idyllic New England home, the energy of New York City, and the classic styles of Boston and Washington, D.C.

17 Reviews for Dragonfly Event

17 Dragonfly Event Reviews

D
Doris

Married on 12/14/2013

To say that we all gasped when we saw the final décor and flowers designed and set up by Dragonfly would not be an exaggeration. Never could we have dreamt of having such beautiful centerpieces, ... Read more candles and arrangements, not to mention the escort card board and occasional floral and lighting pieces. From the beginning of our planning process to the event itself, Marcy was a pleasure to work with: professional, knowledgeable, funny, creative, and helpful. Dragonfly helped us with ideas and planning every step of the way and helped us give our daughter and son-in-law the most splendidly elegant wedding ever. Many thanks for your hard work!

User3139614

2+ years ago

Marcy was beyond fabulous! From our first meeting I knew she was the florist for our wedding. Every idea she had was beyond what I could have imagined. I wish I had just the tiniest amount of talent ... Read more that Marcy does. She made my wedding even more glamorous then I would have ever thought.

P
Pamela

Married on 11/26/2011

With about 3 weeks before the wedding we had not selected a florist. I was introduced to Marcy at Dragonfly Event by my wedding planner. Marcy had an impressive portfolio, which she walked me through ... Read more during our initial meeting. Her proposal back to me reflected she had listened to every detail during our meeting. And Marcy met with me numerous times, and worked with me diligently as I tried to articulate my vision. What Marcy & Tom produced at our wedding so far exceeded my expectations, I can barely describe it. The flowers at the ceremony and reception were STUNNING and BREATH TAKING - beyond my wildest dreams!!! The flowers and decor set the ambiance and mood for an elegant yet exciting and fun event. By far one of the best places to spend your wedding budget!!! Dragonfly was wonderful to work with, delivered beyond my expectations, and was one of the best decisions for our wedding.