Dream Maker's Weddings

About Dream Maker's Weddings

Getting Married?

Looking for a Minister Who Is Experienced

Friendly - Professional - Affordable

Non-Judgmental - Flexible - Easy to Work With ...

Then you're at the right place.

Providing services in Peoria, Pekin, Springfield, Galesburg, Monmouth, Quad Cities and surrounding areas.

Visit us at www.dreammwed.com

1 Reviews for Dream Maker's Weddings

1 Dream Maker's Weddings Reviews

A
ashleigh

Married on 10/08/2016

0.5

BRIDES BEWARE! I had booked Darrell approximately 4 months before my October 2016 wedding after reading a few decent reviews on another wedding website. I actually found out that I knew his daughter ... Read more from college. We were in contact a little bit through phone and email, and he kept assuring me that he had done plenty of weddings and that we had plenty of time to nail down the details. Being that he is a Christian minister that owns his own church (not to mention I knew his daughter from college), I completely put my trust in this man. I sent him my $100 deposit and agreed to pay his outrageous fees for him to officiate my wedding. About 4 weeks before the wedding I tried all I could to get ahold of him, emails, calls, text messages. No response, but I knew he had a busy weekend coming up with his church. Twelve days before my wedding, I finally got a response...telling me in a text message that he had a meeting and could not officiate my wedding. Now I don't know one church that would not let a man honor his commitments, nor do I know of many churches that have meetings with "superiors" on a Saturday afternoon at 4pm for an hour. He apologized and after I asked, he told me he would refund my $100 deposit. I sent him my address two days after the wedding on October 10th. I have sent my address twice. No response from him at all. No returned calls. Nothing. It is now October 29th and I have not heard from him nor received my $100 deposit. I understand it is my fault for not asking for an actual signed contract (besides verbal and emails), but I assumed that a minister could be trusted and would not bail not even two weeks before the wedding. Granted, it all worked out in the end and we found someone that did a wonderful job and for half the price of Darrell's outrageous fees.....but I wouldn't want another bride to have to go through the added stress that I did. Please find yourself an officiant that you can count on and won't steal your money and run.

Dream Maker's Weddings FAQ