Duncan Estate

Spartanburg, SC · View map · Visit website

About Duncan Estate

Envision yourself exchanging vows with your soulmate surrounded by nature in a garden…

Being introduced into your reception like royalty from the balcony of a historic mansion…

Dancing your first dance at dusk underneath a canopy of string lights…

If this sounds like the wedding you’ve dreamed of, then the Duncan Estate is the perfect venue for you to tie the knot and begin your married life!

Defining Southern elegance & charm, the beautifully restored Duncan Estate and scenic 4 acres is a picturesque, plantation-style venue for any special occasion. Our open vendor policy allows you to create a truly personalized event.

Located in Spartanburg, SC the Duncan Estate is a short distance from Greenville, Anderson, Charlotte and Asheville, making them easily accessible for you and your loved ones.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can accommodate up to 200 guests at this historic venue. For your ceremony, you can get married underneath their beautiful, wrought-iron gazebo in their three-tiered, formal garden area. For your reception, they boast an amazing 1,800-square-foot brick patio. This romantic space features string lights, ceiling fans and a 30-foot by 60-foot white tent, so you can celebrate no matter what the weather presents. For pictures, you can use their historic house or spacious estate to make unforgettable memories.

This award-winning venue offers everything needed for a successful and stressfree wedding celebration:

• Use of the Duncan Estate for 10 consecutive hours on the wedding day
  • Three-tiered formal garden area and wrought iron gazebo for outdoor wedding ceremony
  • P.A. system and wireless lapel microphone for ceremony amplification
  • Use of the historic estate house and four acres for reception
  • 1800 sq ft brick patio with 30′ x 60′ white party tent, equipped with string lights and ceiling fans
  • Tables and chairs
  • Easel for the bridal portrait display
  • Wire birdcage for card collection
  • Parking attendants and ample on-site parking
  • Bridal Suite dressing room with Bose sound system for the bride and bridesmaids
  • Groom’s Den for the gentlemen
  • Bottle of Duncan Estate sparkling wine for the bride & groom
  • Direction cards for inclusion with the invitations
  • One-hour rehearsal time

Other Services
In addition to hosting your ceremony and reception, Duncan Estate is also happy to host your rehearsal dinner. Additional events they will hold include:

• Engagement & anniversary parties

J
Featured
Jeannie

Married on 05/06/2016

I truly can’t imagine my wife and I having chosen a more perfect wedding venue. First, the staff: Danielle was a dream to work with! She was very responsive to any questions or concerns we had. My ... Read more wedding coordinator is a perfectionist (former caterer and owner of a bed & breakfast), and she looked at me after seeing the venue and meeting Danielle and said, “She has her $#&* together!” I couldn’t have summed it up any better. There’s pretty much not a scenario that you can come up with that Danielle hasn’t already dealt with and has a solution for. Your wedding day is in good hands with her! Next, the house and gardens: they’re gorgeous! One of my guests noted that she loved how many “spaces” there are—inside and out. Between having the ceremony in the garden, cocktail hour on the back lawn, dinner and dancing under the tent, bridal party and couple introductions on the front lawn and balcony, food in the house, and our first dance on the patio, I felt like everyone got a chance to experience the full beauty of the house and the gardens. I know our guests felt like they spent a very special evening in a very special place. Third, the value: lots of amenities are included! In as much as possible, we were hoping for a one-stop shop sort of venue. We encountered lots of venues that required us to rent our own tables and chairs as well as a tent for rain back-up. All of that is included at Duncan Estate. The only things we had to provide were linens, decorations, and food. That greatly reduced the hassle and expense on our part. Weddings inherently come with lots of stress, but I'm certain ours was greatly reduced because we chose to have it at this amazing venue!

Caitlin
Caitlin

Married on 05/20/2019

The perfect venue for so many reasons

We initially chose Duncan Estate because of the price and the beauty of the venue. They did so much for such a reasonable price. However, the true value was not obvious until later. I had never been ... Read more to a traditional wedding so planning one was an interesting process, but Danielle was amazing. She comes prepared to answer all of your questions and to recommend amazing vendors. Her required planning meeting was a life saver because Jessica helped organize the whole day and presented questions I did not even know I need to ask. On the day of, Liz was beyond helpful. She helped fix a bridesmaid's dress, made sure the boutonniere made it on my husband and my father, as well as so much more. I would book with them again and again. In fact, my matron of honor is hoping to renew her vows in the future, and she told me that she is now sincerely considering Duncan Estate because of how they helped with my wedding.

J
Johanne Jacobs

Married on 05/11/2019

Above and beyond staff-Liz and Shawn

I attended/worked a wedding this past weekend and despite the In climate weather (rainy), the wedding went well and was beautiful. Liz and Shawn were very involved before, during and afterward ... Read more working to put everything together, creating a plan for the rainy weather and seeing that all needs were met for the perfect day. Placing sand in muddy walk areas, removing water off the reception floor from the down pouring rain and always seeing that everything was going just fine. Such a pleasure to work with Liz and Shawn and knowing that they truly cared for their clients and guests. Outstanding individuals!