Dunes West Golf and River Club

Mount Pleasant, SC · View map · Visit website

About Dunes West Golf and River Club

The Dunes West Golf and River Club, a venue located in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, has a rich history dating all the way back to 1712. Back then, the now classic country club venue was acquired by Captain John Vanderhorst, Joseph Vanderhorst, and Thomas Lynch. Now, with its tree-lined, live-oak entrance and southern touches, this venue provides couples with a relaxing setting in which to exchange their vows along the Wagner Creek banks.

Facilities and Capacity
The Dunes West Golf and River Club can accommodate up to 325 of your friends and family. You and your guests will not only be able to enjoy the lovely golf course greens as a wedding backdrop, but also the spanish oaks, water views and plantation-style clubhouse on the property. The clubhouse, which is 6,000 square feet, provides plenty of space for you to celebrate or have your wedding meals in. The property also features two dining and dancing options spread out over two floors. Outside, wrap around porches will give you and your guests a lovely view of the water lying just beyond.

When couples decide to wed at The Dunes West Golf and River Club, they will be assisted by the team of planners, servers, bartenders and an on-site reception director to make sure their wedding is planned perfectly and carried out seamlessly. They are able to assist with wedding ceremonies, bridal showers, engagement parties and receptions. Other services they provide include:

• Setup

M
Featured
michelle

Married on 10/20/2012

This was the BEST venue we could have asked for! Jason and Harry were WONDERFUL and took care of everything! They made the experiance smooth and easy. If I could do it all again I would choose them ... Read more without a second thought!

Mary
Mary

Married on 05/25/2019

Wedding of the Century

This place is a hidden gem! Literally everything about this place is perfect! We had a beautiful wedding without any hiccups and so much of it was due to Jason and his team! The first time I went ... Read more there, I knew this was the place we would get married at. Jason immediately made me feel comfortable and confident because of his communication and his organization. He created a timeline and made sure his team was aware of the timing and their duties. He accommodated every request I made and executed a beautiful wedding! Also, the food was AMAZING!!! The first thing I hear from guests is either about the amazing food or the beautiful venue. Tons of my guests have mentioned that it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to with equally amazing food! I can’t say enough wonderful things about this venue and Jason!! You need to get married here!!!!

Monique
Monique

Married on 05/17/2019

Love Dunes!

Dunes West was the perfect venue for our May 2019 wedding! Jason was incredibly helpful throughout the entire planning process. He quickly responded to all of my emails over the past year and provided ... Read more great options for the dinner service that fit within our budget. Jason was very thorough during our final walk through and worked well with our wedding planner the entire time. Dunes was absolutely stunning on our wedding day and the ceremony time Jason suggested was PERFECT for sunset pictures. All of the food was excellent. Our guests are still raving about the food and venue. We cannot thank Jason and the Dunes staff enough for helping us bring our fairy tale wedding to life!