Earl Christie Photography

Arlington, MA · View map

About Earl Christie Photography

The total professional who takes kick-ass photos, likes bad puns, and above all who's rooting for you so intently, he gets choked up.

For me a wedding isn't about rituals or decor or partying. A wedding is a celebration of the love two people have for each other. If there is any reason we've been put here on Earth it is to experience and share the kind of love that is so transcendent and deep that it leaves you overcome with unstoppable gratitude.

When I'm photographing a wedding, I'm rooting for my client's love. I don't just want it to work out for them. I want their love to overwhelm them. I want them to be each other's muses. I want them to love with an appreciation that lasts forever. I want their life to be the kind of wild-passionate love story that as an independent film would sweep all the festivals yet be denied on Oscar night because it's too real for Hollywood.

I'm the recovering consummate professional. Back in the day I shot ritzy over-the-top weddings and was published in all the magazines. That experience was amazing but over time I realized that those weddings didn't feel like they were about the couples.

My business today is a reaction to those days. My highest goal is to capture the peak moment of love/ poignancy / joy / quietness / connection. And to frame those moments in a dramatic way that elevates their feeling of honesty and timelessness.

So at your wedding, I'm not going to shoot a gajillion formals. I'm not going to drag you away from having fun just to pose your in some cool scene just because I see a killer shot for my blog. I'm there for you. I'm there to record what you do, whoever you are, and to reveal how beautiful and perfect your are being yourselves. I'm there to be you secret booster, your photographic guardian angel.

And while being the consummate professional is part of my DNA, when I see you looking at each other with with that realization of how incredible life is going to be together, I might just start crying like a bitch.

17 Reviews for Earl Christie Photography

17 Earl Christie Photography Reviews

D
Dana

Married on 06/11/2016

I can not say enough about Earl Christie Photography. From the moment I met Earl I knew that he was the photographer for me. I loved the way he communicated with me. When I saw his website, I knew his ... Read more his photographic style was what I was looking for. Earl photographed both my rehearsal dinner and wedding. He was never intrusive but I knew he was there capturing all of the important moments. As both of our parents are still alive I really wanted a lot of family photos. He photographed my crazy family with good humor and he was able to keep everyone organized and happy. At my wedding he made me feel so great. I was confident that I would get beautiful photos. His second shooter Andree, was also wonderful and during the posed photos she actually showed me how to pose in the most flattering way with out people noticing. I really liked that. Earl did our family photos at the wedding quickly but not rushed so that we could enjoy the rest of the party, and he captured the most amazing photos of us with out us knowing it. Earl knew that I have a dog that I love who is 14 years old and is sick. He suggested that I have some photos (in casual clothes) with my dog so that I would have great photos of her and I together before she gets to sick. That really stands out. His kindness, taking a little extra time to do something he did not have to do. Earl is the ultimate professional, his photographs are outstanding, he made me feel beautiful, he captured the essence of my wedding, my family and friends loved him and they are all asking for his information for future weddings and parties. I saw a few sneak peek's of the photos and they are off the hook.

K
Kathryn

Married on 04/28/2013

We feel so grateful to Earl for his wonderful work and for making this part of the day, before and during, not only easy, but fun. Highly recommend! Read more We feel so grateful to Earl for his wonderful work and for making this part of the day, before and during, not only easy, but fun. Highly recommend!

A
Abby

Married on 09/15/2012

Earl was fantastic and I couldn't recommend him more! A family friend had told us to consider him when we were doing photographer research. His work stood out to us as being really gorgeous. We were ... Read more were nervous because it felt like a lot of money, but decided that it was worth it. We only met Earl briefly once before the wedding because we live on the west coast and were planning our wedding remotely. We told him what we wanted and walked through the venue with him. Communication leading up to the wedding was easy. We basically just communicated via email and it felt like one aspect of the wedding that I didn't need to worry about. On the day of our wedding, Earl was unobtrusive and very easygoing. He just sort of rolled with it and that's absolutely what we wanted. I honestly didn't even notice him half the time. Also, Earl was also able to get through the group shots very quickly. Our wedding party is still talking about how easy that part was. We ended up with GORGEOUS pictures! I'm really pleased! We ordered a StoryBook wedding album through him as well and are totally in love with what we ended up with.