El Mangroove

Guanacaste, CR · View map · Visit website

About El Mangroove

At only 20 minutes from touch-down to sand, El Mangroove is a contemporary boutique hotel with a unique personality. Our 85 bohemian-chic suites are surrounded by forest, beach and mangrove and are only steps away from our two restaurants Matiss and Makoko. Both offer a combination of laid-back modern cuisine and sensorial gastronomy. A spa, a fitness center and a long, cabana-flanked swimming pool make for a perfect mix of indulgence and barefoot luxury.

10 Reviews for El Mangroove

10 El Mangroove Reviews

Jared
Jared

Married on 04/27/2019

Better Than We Could Have Imagined

We had our wedding at El Mangroove, and it was an amazing experience. We decided to do a small destination wedding (around 20 guests), so everyone opted to stay at the resort as well. The entire trip ... Read more trip was great; every staff member - from the concierge, to servers and bartenders, to medical staff - was courteous and friendly (and they all knew we were there for our wedding; at breakfast on the day of the ceremony, multiple staff members came up to my wife and I to say congrats). Jennifer, our wedding coordinator, was incredible. From our very first email exchange, she was responsive and attentive to our requests. In addition to handling everything related to the wedding (ceremony, reception, menus, floral, hair & makeup, rehearsal dinner, welcome cocktail reception for our guests, etc.), she helped coordinate on offsite dinner for the entire wedding party during our stay. We had our ceremony in the Beach Forest setting, which was perfect for an intimate wedding (the beach is public, so there were people nearby during the ceremony. But it never felt intrusive, and many people clapped and cheered at the end of the ceremony). The cocktail reception was help in the Ocean Terrace, which could have hosted a much larger reception than ours - the younger attendees had plenty of space to run around and play. All of the food was excellent and flavorful - definitely not your typical wedding food. The atmosphere was very relaxed. Honestly, we can't enough about how pleased we were with the entire experience. Everyone who attended told us it was the best wedding they'd ever been to; my brother (who recently got engaged) even said he and his fiance are thinking about having their wedding at El Mangroove as well! If you book your wedding st El Mangroove, you definitely won't be disappointed.

Kelly
Kelly Katich

Married on 12/22/2018

Amazing day!

Jennifer Ramirez the Events Coordinator at El Mangroove made our day so special and so easy to plan. We were renewing our wedding vows and Jennifer helped us with every detail. When we arrived, she ... Read more met with us to review all the details and when we wanted to make a few changes she was very accommodating. We had an amazing and beautiful sunset wedding just as we had imagined. Pura Vida.

Iria
Iria

Married on 08/18/2018

Brunch Wedding

My brunch weeding was wonderful I’m really happy they were very flexible and did everything I dream. Brunch weddings are not that common but they understood my vision and made it a reality. My wedding ... Read more was a international wedding and guest from every country where impressed. Jenifer form the sales department is wonderful.